What I Don't Like About Open Beta

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1. Too much HP - fights are too long and it's too hard to get kills now

2. New Chat Look - the old one looked so much better

3. Kiblobs - I think they should have stayed

4. Basic Melee - was more comfortable as right mouse

5. Smoke - no more smoke after explosions, I think it looked cool

6. Aura Trail - showed up when you charged a beam in the last release and now it's gone, I thought that looked pretty cool also

7. Swooping - it's a little too fast, really hard to hit your opponent now

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can switch through attacks by pressing the number of the attack multiple times. I've no idea why the hell they did this when there are plenty of unused keys for attacks, but they did. If you don't see kiblobs when you press 2, press 2 again and it'll switch from gen ball to kiblob. You can enable smoke after explosions by going into multiplayer options -> advanced and checking the option. Aura trail is still there, it just disappears a lot faster. I think. But otherwise that's a good list, I agree.

I think right mouse should be used to detonate beams again. I ****ing hate firing a beam and then clicking down again out of habit only to have it blow up in my face. So annoying and I see at least three people ask why their beams keep blowing up after they fire them each time I play.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
When I say kiblobs, I mean the bubbles back in 1.2.3. Those are gone. Smoke after explosions is enabled by default in advanced options and yet there still is none. Also, that aura trail isn't the same one as what I mean. But other than that, yeah...

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People really REALLY used to hate kiblobs.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2.3 kiblobs are so unbalanced I could cry. Their my second favorite attack in the game behind melee, but only because their so cheap.

Last edited:
Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think right mouse should be used to detonate beams again. I ****ing hate firing a beam and then clicking down again out of habit only to have it blow up in my face. So annoying and I see at least three people ask why their beams keep blowing up after they fire them each time I play.
I was hoping beam detonation would be replaced with beam release. Shame really.
Always thought the detonation was useless, especially with a lockon feature present. Splash damage attacks like that only reward the player for being off target. I cant recall a forced detonation in the show come to think of it.

LMB to charge and fire beam. RMB to Lockon. LMB again to release the beam. Beam travels on its last trajectory. Cannot use Lockon on the released beam, only beams 'in hand'. Released beam resembles that of a swatted beam.

It would be fun to be able to use RMB to lockon the released beam whilst you charge another. I forsee issues here, but it would be interesting.

To meet both arguments halfway, lets say you fire and release a beam, RMB will do nothing whilst charging an attack, but you can continue to Lockon control your released beam if your hands are free, eg continue Lockon and melee. Treat the released beam much like a genball really.

Perhaps the higher your PL/form for example, the longer the lockon functions.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drew Kiblobs are going to be back in. A bit different and not quite as overpowered as in 1.2 but they are gona be in ^^

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont get it why different keys are bad, its just a matter of use and experience. Beam detonation is good in lmb - one lmb click to send it another lmb click to explode it, and pumping in rmb, its perfect. The only unconvinienceto is me is the fact I have to press twice in "2" to change the attack, but thats just me because im used to switch attacks using the mouse scroll. Large HP is better because fights last longer. The fact of having a bubble chat box when someone is writing is great, because it alerts that the other person is writing and you wont attack him "unless you are a coward". Beams are awesome. Swoop key rocks. Genocide rocks. Cell 2 rocks. Taunt rocks. Goku normal form animations rocks. Chat letters should be in black. I think OpenBeta is on the right path. I give it 9,5 over 10.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well wat can you say about powerlevel?Can I change?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snowman if chat letters were black youd see absolutly nothing on a night sky ^^

And ssj4Fusion. The powerlevel command is the same as with the otehr open betas.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Snowman if chat letters were black youd see absolutly nothing on a night sky ^^
Hum right. Then make it dark orange. The ones from now are very bright.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Drew Kiblobs are going to be back in. A bit different and not quite as overpowered as in 1.2 but they are gona be in ^^
That would be good. Hopefully the kiblob bug will be fixed too.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Too much HP - fights are too long and it's too hard to get kills now

2. New Chat Look - the old one looked so much better

3. Kiblobs - I think they should have stayed

4. Basic Melee - was more comfortable as right mouse

5. Smoke - no more smoke after explosions, I think it looked cool

6. Aura Trail - showed up when you charged a beam in the last release and now it's gone, I thought that looked pretty cool also

What do you guys think?
1. I have to agree with you. Either the damage will be increased, or the health will be reduced in 1.3, though.

2. I personally love the new chat.

3. Indeed. The bubbles were pretty cool. I hope they come back in the next release.

4. Don't worry, you'll get used to LMB.

5. Isn't there a console command for this?

6. Aura trail? Don't really remember that one.

Most of this stuff will probably be changed in 1.3, so don't worry guys.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I just added one more thing to my list.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
So far I don't like

- bugs
- beam heads in big beams (they make aiming harder)
- Majin Vegeta model. Seriously he looks like Armored SSJ Vegeta with M... I hope it will be changed or someone make custom model for this one.

Maybe it's not right topic but remaining models (lacking forms for Frieza) will be added ?

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
- bugs
it is an unfinished beta

- beam heads in big beams (they make aiming harder)
You can lockon beams

- Majin Vegeta model. Seriously he looks like Armored SSJ Vegeta with M... I hope it will be changed or someone make custom model for this one. Maybe it's not right topic but remaining models (lacking forms for Frieza) will be added ?
Again its an unfinished beta. Of course everything missing will be filled in.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Drew: The speeds will also probably be changed in 1.3.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Good, because that's probably the worst thing about it right now. It's pretty much impossible to even hit anyone.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can pretty much assume that anything with a numerical value attatched to it, IE hleath, damage, speeds, etc will be up fro alteration.

✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
How Grega.......HOW????

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom