TF

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm becoming somewhat overwhelmed with all of these seemingly unnecessary updates, sticky threads, and addons. Looks like there's an extremely overhyped video game update. Like, do we really need the same sticky thread in multiple sections? Is it urgent enough, even when most people don't bother to read stickies in the first place?

And all of the shiny updates, like on the main site where the entire reconstruction occurred, I didn't really see that as being necessary or desired. It's not that I am not being appreciative, it just seems abundant.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm becoming somewhat overwhelmed with all of these seemingly unnecessary updates, sticky threads, and addons.
Like what?

Like, do we really need the same sticky thread in multiple sections? Is it urgent enough, even when most people don't bother to read stickies in the first place?
Uh, yes. Have you even seen the posts by newbies who ask questions?

And all of the shiny updates, like on the main site where the entire reconstruction occurred, I didn't really see that as being necessary or desired. It's not that I am not being appreciative, it just seems abundant.
That's just your opinion.

Fumoffu!
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm becoming somewhat overwhelmed with all of these seemingly unnecessary updates, sticky threads, and addons. Looks like there's an extremely overhyped video game update. Like, do we really need the same sticky thread in multiple sections? Is it urgent enough, even when most people don't bother to read stickies in the first place?

Hi Gryph,

Don't feel overwhelmed by all the updates, etc! ESF has been through a relatively low period of activity the past few years and I think it's good that the team hyped up the release of their Open Beta (backed up with solid ingame content). I'm not quite sure what you mean by the same sticky thread in multiple sections; but if you are referring to the announcements, that's a pretty basic and old feature of vBulletin. And it does just that... lets people know what's happening by broadcasting the latest announcement in every section of the forum. Also, both the Newbie Central and Help sections are often visited by new players and those in distress, looking for answers; it really doesn't hurt anyone to have useful stickies hanging around there even if they are duplicates. As long as people get the answers they were looking for, the job is done right?

It's hard to cater to a lot of people on the internet, especially as they all have different tastes and opinions on what's cool and what's unwanted. Some of the new addons might not be to your liking, but I see a lot of people enjoying the chat box, the new smilies, a merged website/forum with the same header, etc. Just take it with good stride and enjoy the community and the game that you are here for, let the fancy people do their fancy stuff. You can still select the old theme under forum options and hey.. behind all the shiny new addons and stuff, it's still the same old people and same old forum. :3

Just thought I'd butt my nose in and let you know that your words haven't fallen on deaf ears.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never seen you post before, your sudden appearance is a blessing to my thread.

I don't really have a response, I just got respectful answers back and I'm satisfied with the responses, I have nothing to say.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And at ESF, "opinions don't matter".
Excuse me? That's why I'm going out of my way to make ESF enjoyable for everybody. I guess me gathering opinions from everyone proves that opinions do not matter, everyone.

If you hate us that much, feel free to leave the Testing squad and the forums. You won't be missed.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is this really the respect a loyal member of the ESF forums deserves from a newly appointed Public Relations peon?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
As I have mentioned through PM Wheres_, this will be my last warning to you. Don't screw it up.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Somebody 'likes' Damaera too much...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom