can't play

Best answers
Uhm, for some reason whenever I play open beta, my game crashes when I pick a character. And my character picking screen looks just like 1.2.3. but with android 18 and captain ginyu. Can I please get any help? ^^

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure what the problem is.

Are you playing HL off of steam, or are you playing the old WON version?

Are you using software render only? Or are you using open GL, Direct 3D?

Best answers
Huh, it kind of works now, but the character pick screen is like before, and instead of all the characters being shown, only 5 at a time are shown. Also, android 18 has no swoop animations and for some reason you chain swoop everytime you press a movement key again? Unable to drift. And whenever I powerup/charge, I crash, and shall I send in screen shots? Oh yeah and I use steam. What's GL and D3D? I don't think I use those.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you want the new select screen then play on Open GL with a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Open GL and Direct3D are the 2 main 3D render methods. Gfx cards tend to prefer one over the other. Simply choose which in your video options, and increase your resolution to see the new char select. If youre not using GL or D3D, then you are in Software mode. This means that your PC and not your gfx card is doing the work. and isnt very efficient.

Remember its an Open Beta, youll find that there are more missing animations than A18's. Its still being done.

The swoop thing you mentioned is the dash feature. Double tap to initiate then single tap to alternate direction. You will only go short distances. If you hold turbo down for a few seconds, you will charge up PL and you will swoop longer and faster briefly.

Administrator
Best answers
Adv melee is not even fully completed in the open beta. Heck, it almost has entirely been removed.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ooooh it works now in D3D, but advanced melee fails for me xD
IF you can use Open GL then use that. Its the best possible choice out of the 3. And the one thats the least buggy.

With direct 3D youll get some FPS drops aswell as not apearing decals on the map. Allso you cant use the new effects in D3D. Cause they are all made with the GL shaders.

So you wont be able to use the character shadows or even the new HUD when the next open beta comes, if you are not using Open GL.

Nowdays all GFX cards have support for both. Just update your drivers ^^

Best answers
Well I tried GL first, but it didn't work, so I did D3D. :p I'm not that great with computers, just typing and the whatnot. The swooping system made me adapt to it too fast then when I played 1.2.3 I kept losing LOL. Don't you guys think the swoop for 1.3 make it able for people to run a lot. Also, I can only find one server when I try to find any type of server 0-o

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
People don't play Open Beta because it's has many bugs and non-finished animations and etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom