Hellow

ZNSX

Z
Hey,

I am having an ESF problem, but I taught it would be nice if I first introduced myself, so...hey!

I'm a 20 year old dude from Holland, didn't make it to medical skool (got ruled out in the selection) so I decided to spend on year chillin' an working. Better luck next year.

Later,

ZNSX. (The "real carfans" see the hint;))

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Welcome to the forums. What is your problem?

ZNSX

Z
Well, I have a legal copy of Half Life 1, it's installed and works. I have an Steam account. Registered HL 1 in my account, but When I boot ESF (v. 1.2.3) I get literally nowhere: I boot the game, mess around with the controls for a bit, start a game but then for now percievable reason ESF backfires on me telling me I have an illegit CD-key. How can that be? I used the CD-key on the HL1 boxcover, I even played HL1 to ckeck! How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

ZNSX.

Last edited by a moderator:
Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, I have a legal copy of Half Life 1, it's installed and works. I have an Steam account. Registered HL 1 in my account, but When I boot ESF (v. 1.2.3) I get literally nowhere: I boot the game, mess around with the controls for a bit, start a game but then for now percievable reason ESF backfires on me telling me I have an illegit CD-key. How can that be? I used the CD-key on the HL1 boxcover, I even played HL1 to ckeck! How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance,

ZNSX.
You are attempting to register the cd-key through steam and it gives you the error? Because there is no way it can tell you you have an illegal cd-key because the key "merges" with your steam account, and it won't allow you to play any games you don't own on your steam account.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To further simplify what Sky just said, if your key wasn't legit, Steam would not have let you activate it. This really sounds more like a problem for Steam's customer support to handle, we're not really qualified (or even capable) of assisting you with any Steam account related problems.

Steam Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom