help please..i'm a nubie..

Best answers
hello everyone,,

i already installed Half Life 1 and ESF beta ver 1.23 and try to play LAN (because i rarely had internet connection), suddenly the program is stop responding.

it's error when try to create a server (after the loading page said : missing bitmap font : gfx/vgui/......)

can someone help me with this problem?i really need help

*sorry bad english.:smile:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hello everyone,,

i already installed Half Life 1 and ESF beta ver 1.23 and try to play LAN (because i rarely had internet connection), suddenly the program is stop responding.

it's error when try to create a server (after the loading page said : missing bitmap font : gfx/vgui/......)

can someone help me with this problem?i really need help

*sorry bad english.:smile:
That error is not the reason why it crashes. Everyone has it. There is probably something else.

So i have 1 question:
Are you using STEAM?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me speed ahead.

"No, do I need it?"
"Yes"
"Where do I download it?"
http://steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=about Click Free Download.
"ok can i play esf with cs source?"
"No, you can only play it with Half-Life."
"ok what about half-life 2"
"No, you can only play it with Half-Life."
"do u guys support evm"
"Sort of, you can ask here. http://forum.esforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39"
"ok i downloaded esf and have half-life how do i install?"
"http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=55800"

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I don't think people play EVM anymore, ECX is the new craze these days

Best answers
hm..

but as far as i remember, when i played esf for the first time (about 5 years ago) there is no steam and i played it from cs..

and i just want to play that version (that i played long time ago),,just to have old memories back..

i would like to play newer version with steam, but since it's really hard to find original half life in my country (Indonesia) and to buy it online it's not easy though(since it's sometimes use credit card,,i dont know how to buy from steam, i never tried), i would prefer the old version where steam is not needed.

may i know what version i played and where i download it?and it isn't alpha version (i've tried play it and it isnt what i played). it's beta version as far as i remembered.

thx, sorry to disturbed you with the thread and my bad english

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF beta 1.1 was the last version that was still WON compatible.

Beta 1.2 was allready made with STEAM in mind.

You can download 1.1 off ESF-world. http://esf-world.gamers-desire.de/file/489/ESF_Beta_1.1_-_Reversed_ESF.html

That link.

Now before you just go and install everything hear me out. You need to install just the 1.1 client and the bots. If you install the third thing you will make it STEAM compatible. So dont install the third thing. Just the client and the bots.

But mind you there are no servers for that version. YOu will only be able to play bots.

As for playing with counter strike. Yes before STEAM came out Counter Strike and Half Life were esentially together. So if you got Half Life you allso got Counter Strike and if you got Counter Strike you got Half Life. But STEAM changed that to "If you buy Half Life you get Counter Strike and if you buy Counter Strike you get Condition Zero".

Because you no longer got Half Life along with Counter Strike you cant run a lot of mods on just Counter Strike like in the past.

Best answers
ECX ????? what would that be and is there a way to get half-life without buying it cause i cant buy nothing?^_^

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, that's warez. We don't support warez. Besides, if you downloaded Half-Life, it wouldn't work.

Best answers
ECX ????? what would that be and is there a way to get half-life without buying it cause i cant buy nothing?^_^
ECX is basically a Add-on to the original ESF.

Just look it up on google. It's for people who love beams and transforming. I personally enjoy it myself. But, nothing beats a good old melee battle :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom