The Open Beta - is melee gone on purpose?

Best answers
Hey guys. I used to play ESF way back in the day. After coming back recently, I was amazed at this new Open Beta. I was also absolutely delighted by the new character models in the Open Beta. However, I am really confused about a few things.

1) What happened to the melee system? The only thing that exists in the open beta in regards to melee is when you fly at your opponent you just knock him away and never actually get into a struggle/melee situation.

2) Why are there 2 KI pools? I'm really confused about this. One is static and appears to be the original power of a class while the bottom KI pool is your actual power.

3) What is the red line where the transformation bar is? I know that when I get that red bar to full I can ascend, but I remember in previous versions that when the green bar was filled I could ascend. So why are they both there now?

4) Why was the charging/rush thing changed. In other words, why is it when I double tap forward, strafe or backwards it requires me to tap it just once instead of two times to continue the rush? Also, I can no longer teleport during one of these "rushes" like I used to be able to, which is very new compared to previous versions and frankly leads to a lot of waiting for my rush to end before I can teleport or use a special beam.

5) I notice that there are always about 100 people or more viewing the ESF forum at any given time, but when I log on ESF itself there are never any games up, ever. Am I doing something wrong that I never see any games up?

Sorry for all the questions but a lot of things in the open beta seem to be changed in a way that is worse than what it used to be.

Last edited:
~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hi,

First off maybe have a read through these if you havent already

http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=61387

http://forum.esforces.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

ESF 1.3 Open Beta is a W.I.P which the team has allowed us to pretty much test out for bugs and whatnot.

ESF 1.2.3 is the current most stable version which most people are playing.

If your trying to search for servers for ESF 1.3 OB good luck, as I dont think many people are running servers for it just yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom