Is this our forum?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Where the admin of all people can call me an ass?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you really concerned about this?

By the look of it, it seemed as if he was joking, and two, he said it in the Shoutbox.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was making a valid point and for some reason they found they couldn't keep up the debate with me- they decided to resort to directly insulting me. I'm honestly not happy with this. If I was to do the same thing, I'd get a warning for it.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well if the AUP applies to both the Forums and the Shoutbox, your statement is valid.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see how Wheres_Warren is being an ass.

And no, this isn't the forum i once registered to , ah well..

Both KYnetik and FF|Skyrider should get a warning, not Warren.
This is also unseen of an admin, i suggest to take admin status away from him.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wheres didnt get a warning for the shoudbox. He got a warning for snaping at Jinx in a thread and something else (forgot what).

In any case. Stuff like this should go to the PM boix. Not the public discussion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly, Skyrider looks like he was simply making a joke.

Seriously, cool the **** down (this is to everyone) and learn to take jokes, otherwise this place will become so amazingly tight bounded and strict that it'll be no longer any fun to come here.

You can tell he was joking by the smiley face, as stupid as that sounded, but it's true.

There's a direct difference between.

"You are a douchebag."
and
"You are a douchebag :p"

The smiley indicates I'm simply making a joke, but if people start failing to recognize that, and flip out over a small joke, then it'll seem like we're going to have to act so upright that we'll get wedgies that can never be fixed.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Honestly, Skyrider looks like he was simply making a joke.

Seriously, cool the **** down (this is to everyone) and learn to take jokes, otherwise this place will become so amazingly tight bounded and strict that it'll be no longer any fun to come here.

You can tell he was joking by the smiley face, as stupid as that sounded, but it's true.

There's a direct difference between.

"You are a douchebag."
and
"You are a douchebag :p"

The smiley indicates I'm simply making a joke, but if people start failing to recognize that, and flip out over a small joke, then it'll seem like we're going to have to act so upright that we'll get wedgies that can never be fixed.
And there's a difference between being loose and letting rule breakage slide so much, it seems there isn't even an AUP for this forum anymore.

And that's exactly what's happening. People are breaking the rules daily, either in the forums or in the shoutbox, and moderators are ignoring it. I've even PMed one of them, and he didn't respond to me, nor did he take action. At least I'm pretty sure he didn't, and if he did, he could've PMed me back, just saying "It's been/going to be dealt with."

In my opinion, this all started when Pain retired. He was one of the only mods that actually browsed through every active thread and searched for infractions of the rules, and didn't give out 3 or more friendly warnings before giving an official one.

Sorry to break it to you, but that's just how I see it.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just for the record, I sometimes add smilies after I insult someone specifically to fool people into thinking I'm just joking.

Anyway, how about showing us everything that happened up until that point? Sky isn't the type of person to come out of nowhere and say "You're being an ass." He may have very well have been justified.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Warren was flipping out over the banner. To me, this doesn't even seem like Warren is mad about being insulted, rather, he's not getting what he wants (banner change) so is grasping at anything and everything. Just throwing it out there

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After reading the logs, I think it's pretty clear that Skyrider was entirely justified in calling you an ass. Kynetik tried to do something nice for the forum, and you basically shat all over it. He wasn't attempting to make the Mona Lisa. It was, from what I understand, a 10 minute project to cover the significantly worse looking banner that came default with the theme. Rather than berate him for making something that "isn't up to scratch", you could have taken that time to make your own banner and submit it to Sky.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Funny this is that you are leaving the parts out of my explaining why I called you an ass (with an :p). And you are also leaving the parts out for you being such a problem for the top banner in the first place. Why don't you even show everyone the real story behind it? Sure you can start a thread about it just because someone and me (partly) called you an ass, but.. Fod god sake, why don't you even show the whole part of what was going on? For being who wish to read the logs, have fun:

http://forum.esforces.com/mgc_cb_evo.php?do=view_archives&page=4

It begins at:
<wheres_warren> god damn it the banner looks horrible
<wheres_warren> who hired this guy?
From there, go up and go from page 4, to 3, to 2 to 1 to read all the logs. Make sure you read the logs from the bottom to the top. Read the logs, and then give your opinions.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh you guys, you're such ******s :), ok I'll drop this I suppose :p

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh you guys, you're such ******s :), ok I'll drop this I suppose :p
The difference is that you're calling us ******s for calling you out. Sky was calling you an ass for, well, if I may speak freely for a moment, being a total ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go cry me a river.

You're blowing this way out of proportion.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The difference is that you're calling us ******s for calling you out. Sky was calling you an ass for, well, if I may speak freely for a moment, being a total ass.
Mods, I feel very unwelcome and threatened on these forums, this isn't the ideal experience I came looking for around here.

I make one little thread and the community gangs up on me :(

I feel so unwelcome :(.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mods, I feel very unwelcome and threatened on these forums, this isn't the ideal experience I came looking for around here.

I make one little thread and the community gangs up on me :(

I feel so unwelcome :(.
This is coming from the guy who called all of us ******s

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have a serious issue with an administrator contact a higher administrator (Majin You or DieByTheSword). I know the forum can be lacking in user-posted content but fishing off of the company peer for trash is just going to put you at odds with anybody you aren't quite at odds with yet.

I was making a valid point and for some reason they found they couldn't keep up the debate with me- they decided to resort to directly insulting me. I'm honestly not happy with this. If I was to do the same thing, I'd get a warning for it.
You wouldn't necessarily receive a warning. Not every admin is crazy about tossing out warnings. I'm aggressive with them, but generally don't warn people for attacking me personally unless they've already done it before and another admin agrees with my decision. Also, I don't consider a curse word an attack, you need have to exchange more words with me than one. That's not saying you should go around trying it out but know that contrary to popular belief, we are not so full of ourselves as to settle our arguments through warnings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom