Problem with WideScreen

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
HI there folks, i have this little problem over here. I got a widescreen lcd monitor and when playing esf i get these sorta graphic "spikes" almost like "lag" itryed changing resolution wide/normal modes updated drivers/tryed playing with other parameters. But i still get this nasty "lag" feeling. Maybe someone knows how to fix this ?
Runing on Nvidia Geforce 7600Gt
P4 2.5ghz, 1GB RAM.

Thanks.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What renderer do you have ESF set to use? OpenGL or Direct3D? If it's the latter, change it to OpenGL. If you don't know how to check this, go into Options -> Video and look there.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This probably has nothing to do with what you're talking about, but I just had a similar problem and fixed it by reinstalling steam. For all online games on steam, i'd get these weird spikes where everyone else would skip around, but my fps and ping would be fine.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No im sure its the widesreen I never had this problem with my old monitor. Reinstaling STEAM doesn't really help. o_o

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
installed any new display drivers? I've just had a problem with mine (offtopic/tech bench section)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If by old you mean 4 months old then yes(had them when i got my monitor ), the NEW ones ( latest NVidia ones ) didn't seem to help either

P.S. It seems it's not only ESF i get this prob with CS,HL and other Games like Hitman etc.. and i really dont want to rollback drivers since UT3/Age of Conan require the most UP to date video drivers.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Lag feeling? As in like, mouse lag? Where it doesn't respond instantly? I actually did have that same problem years ago, and switched back to a CRT, try updating the to the latest DirectX, i'm not sure that will help though.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Lag feeling? As in like, mouse lag? Where it doesn't respond instantly? I actually did have that same problem years ago, and switched back to a CRT, try updating the to the latest DirectX, i'm not sure that will help though.

No not mouse lag it's like erm... Tiny freezes in video like every 2 seconds. Never had this problem on CRT, new drivers, directx, reinstaling etc doesnt work eh.. Im giving up hope ever fixing this problem. ;(

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Try pressing ctrl+alt+del and clearing everything except the things you need, it could be something running in the background

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No that's not it stripped down to 15 proccesses still same problem o_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom