Beta Question

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I've downoaded the latest Open Beta
but i think I haven't the latest version because a saw a screenshot of the select menu and it isn't the same
Here is my menu

is it the last version?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here goes everyone's question: Are you using Steam?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apart from missing character names.

Whats diffrenc on the select screen?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Here goes everyone's question: Are you using Steam?
Yes I'm using steam

Apart from missing character names.
Whats diffrenc on the select screen?
Character's Bio
and the models on the prepunch melee are missing
When I go to prepunch or advanced the character just moves forward

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What lukyas said.

Advanced melee is getting thrown out. Its not even ment to be used with the open beta ^^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ok thank you all for your respones
I'll be waiting for the next release
hope the new melee system will be better than the old one

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it turns out it is not... Well, let's just say that would be the biggest fail ever. Because, the biggest feature of ESF 1.3 will be melee sys

Force Pit Member
Best answers
What lukyas said.

Advanced melee is getting thrown out. Its not even ment to be used with the open beta ^^
THAT MEANS THERES ONLY BASIC MELEE?? ****, thats not enough to keep the game fun.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You mean it? Really no advanced melee? So whats gonna be new?
I only said that currently there is no advanced melee support.

But 1.1 did not have any form of advanced melee. And people loved it.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

1.1 was a completely diferent time. 1.1's grafics on its time werent the bad they are now. so does the basic melee. In 1.2.x people can make basic melee when ever they want...

Force Pit Member
Best answers

So theres gonna be advanced melee. Well simply: You gave them a good melee to play with which they enjoyed, awesome. Now what some of the people don't get (im not generalizing) is that basic melee could be hated as well as advanced in a very simple way: What impression you give them. You gave them a quick and intense basic melee and they enjoyed it. The first and only advanced melee was bad, truly cause it was not intense, its turn based. (which reminds MMORPGs and I still don't get what people like in them) [The only awesome turned based game I know is "Chrono Trigger" THIS GAME SHOULD BE MADE A SERIES OF]

I'm saying that advanced melee should be made with the same concept of DBZ was made. Grinding fast punches and kicks to each other (1vs1 is a different style concept of fighting than 1 vs a few), using fighting techniques (When to super-punch stun, when to knockback, when landing him down) Knocking back your enemy from stance to 100 MPH speed backwards then popping from his back and landing him down and then super move him. DBZ has its own style and basic melee gives only a small part of it. And the advanced melee in 1.2 wasn't DBZish, everyone knows that.

Honestly I'm not try to advertise my melee idea, but I think with some tweaks for internet gaming, this method of advanced melee would give the feeling of DBZ, I guess people just don't imagine it as I do. My goal is to speed up the coming out of the Open Beta by thinking about the melee system, and I think I found it though. I'm really willing to tweak it but just give me errors to fix.

http://esforces.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72958 - This is the idea

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The only thing thats different with 1.2s basic melee and the 1.1 one is that the blowback is a lot shorter and slower.

In 1.1 you had to instantly teleport 2 or 3 times in order to even stand the slightest chance of making a second hit. In 1.2 its to easy.

But essentially the system is the same. (appart from the lockon system)

@Deco dont worry im writing up my own melee idea XD

Theoretically it should be flashy, simple to put in and fast ^^

Oh and moste importantly. It wont be turn based and youll have total freedom over it ^^

Force Pit Member
Best answers
The only thing thats different with 1.2s basic melee and the 1.1 one is that the blowback is a lot shorter and slower.

In 1.1 you had to instantly teleport 2 or 3 times in order to even stand the slightest chance of making a second hit. In 1.2 its to easy.

But essentially the system is the same. (appart from the lockon system)

@Deco dont worry im writing up my own melee idea XD

Theoretically it should be flashy, simple to put in and fast ^^

Oh and moste importantly. It wont be turn based and youll have total freedom over it ^^
Awesome, and I really think there should be 4 buttons of dodging which can be used at any time. like "K" button dodge left "L" button dodge right and "I" button dodge forward and "<"(in Hebrew keyboard) roll backwards. Really essential.

Can you tell what concept is it?

Edit: Oh I get it, because im normal user and you team you got idea priorities over me, corrupted *****es xD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Awesome, and I really think there should be 4 buttons of dodging which can be used at any time. like "K" button dodge left "L" button dodge right and "I" button dodge forward and "<"(in Hebrew keyboard) roll backwards. Really essential.

Can you tell what concept is it?

Edit: Oh I get it, because im normal user and you team you got idea priorities over me, corrupted *****es xD
Actually im not done with writing it up.

But the basic concept is going to be simple melee with an alteration of a combo system. Im keeping it real simple and still leave room for mastering the system.

Just wait up untill i actually finish teh whole concept. Ill post it when im done.

EDIT: the edit was mean :'(

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I know xD hurt you aint it.

Not really. I noticed teh sarcasm in it - Grega

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In any case. Be prepaired for quite a bit of reading. Im on page 3 right now.

Kinda piles up if you try to be precise about all the options XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom