IRC Java Chat & Thread Password System Added!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Because not a lot of people were interested in the Chat/Shout box here on the forums, I changed this in to a IRC Java Instead. Now, the Java IRC works fine but there are a few problems with it. For one, you cannot join it with special symbols as it attempts to connect to GameSurge IRC with your forum nickname. Plus, I also heard problems with high cases nicknames, but we'll see how good this will work. Guys fancy in trying it out?

Just Click Here To Start!

------
Also, I've added a temp plugin that is able to password a thread. Want to see an example? Click Here. Now, the reason why I installed this plugin is because I'm going to make a riddle for you guys later on. A riddle, that gives you hints for either small or a complete password to go on to the next thread. When you fully finished all the riddles, you'll be shown images of the new things we are working on. I think this might be fun to play later on ^_^.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Java Irc is for lasy ppl, nice idea anyway, and the thread password plugin looks interesting, but it can be abused...

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Java Irc is for lasy ppl, nice idea anyway, and the thread password plugin looks interesting, but it can be abused...
It can only be set by mods/supers/admins as far as I know. Nice thing about it, the mods or above can set access to a user, so he / she can also change the password. The password to Prozac's his thread is test.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now you forum go-ers who never are in IRC can learn to idle in the chat while you browse other websites

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
It is a shame not everyone can use the Java Chat though.. But heck, most of the users should be able to do use it.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't connect from my class computers :(

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All you guys do is afk in there, waste of my time.
This is one of those things where because people won't use it, it won't be used if you get what I'm saying. Next time you stop in, say a few people's names there. Most in there have mIRC or similar client that alerts them when their name is said.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is a shame not everyone can use the Java Chat though.. But heck, most of the users should be able to do use it.
Or if they have Firefox they can use Chatzilla or whatever-IRC programs.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is one of those things where because people won't use it, it won't be used if you get what I'm saying. Next time you stop in, say a few people's names there. Most in there have mIRC or similar client that alerts them when their name is said.
I get that, but if I go on irc I'm expecting a conference or something, if I just wanna have a private talk with someone I just use IM programs like yahoo,msn,skype,xfire,etc.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Great now the channel is spammed by people joining
hi OMG THIS IS AWESOME LOLOLOLL!!111oneoeno11!!!
*5 minutes later*
uh anyone here?
*1 minute later*
/quit

great

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Great now the channel is spammed by people joining
hi OMG THIS IS AWESOME LOLOLOLL!!111oneoeno11!!!
*5 minutes later*
uh anyone here?
*1 minute later*
/quit

great
At least the channel is more popular :p

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can easily idle there and check when new ppls are joining, then tell them to do the same and so on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom