can i use half-life:source to play this?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
He's got a point. ESF doesn't run on the source engine. I wish it did :)
Source needs a tool to convert code from Half-Life 1 to Source.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Source needs a tool to convert code from Half-Life 1 to Source.
just out of curiosity.. by converting code does it convert material as well.. say models, maps, etc?
imagine..if it was that easy to go from goldsrc to source i dont see a reason not to convert in the late future... for those that want to expand the ESF universe.

Ill keep dreamin cause I think I know what the answer to that will be... :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If it was that easy they would have converted it long ago.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
just out of curiosity.. by converting code does it convert material as well.. say models, maps, etc?
imagine..if it was that easy to go from goldsrc to source i dont see a reason not to convert in the late future... for those that want to expand the ESF universe.

Ill keep dreamin cause I think I know what the answer to that will be... :fight:
No, the only thing that is converted is the code. Models, maps, sounds, etcetera would have to be modified. The code would also have to be modified/changed since conversions are rarely perfect.

As for ESF being ported over to the Source engine, it's never going to happen.

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No, the only thing that is converted is the code. Models, maps, sounds, etcetera would have to be modified. The code would also have to be modified/changed since conversions are rarely perfect.

k.. thanks for the quick info :cool:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Theres very little difference between models and maps for source and hl1. They are basically the same with just a few slight differences. The real trouble is with the code thats drastically different between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom