Shadow system??

Best answers
look this page.. http://www.skinner3d.com/bugs/

shadow system?? oh my god! i thought that its impossible in HL1 engine! soo cool!! this system will have any kind of effect when the player use an KI attack? because this kind of attack create a 'light zone' you know..

are Raven and GreenBeret in the Dev Team?? because i saw his names in this page too...

sorry for my english!!

wish the best for everyone

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
look this page.. http://www.skinner3d.com/bugs/

shadow system?? oh my god! i thought that its impossible in HL1 engine! soo cool!! this system will have any kind of effect when the player use an KI attack? because this kind of attack create a 'light zone' you know..

are Raven and GreenBeret in the Dev Team?? because i saw his names in this page too...

sorry for my english!!

wish the best for everyone
It wasn't impossible, just wasn't a required feature for ESF. Half-Life 1 did support shadows (too a degree), and you can modify the shadow system in Half-Life 1 to handle a "real-time" type of shadow. It won't be completely real-time, but it can cast itself on any geometry, at least from what I saw in the bug reports.

Pretty cool if you ask me. :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i sincerely hope that it took only a half an hour too do and did not take any time away from creating a melee system?

praying...

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry but for now only the Force Pitters get to know the goodies for a while. Till then the rest of the forum just has to wait.

Best answers
Sorry but for now only the Force Pitters get to know the goodies for a while. Till then the rest of the forum just has to wait.
Hahahah! yeah, i was waiting this answer.. btw, now i can see that this forum is very 'pop' and with a lot of active members! i have to wait only few minutes to get an aswer! :D very good!

the best for ya

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no offense, but weve been waiting for a such a ridiculously long time that i can't admit the 5 dollar charge as fair anymore.

shadows, cool, but after all the idea's and suggestions cant you at least give some kind of security that the melee system is kinda getting started?

Best answers
no offense, but weve been waiting for a such a ridiculously long time that i can't admit the 5 dollar charge as fair anymore.

shadows, cool, but after all the idea's and suggestions cant you at least give some kind of security that the melee system is kinda getting started?
Yeah..
you just have to say: Oh, the new advanced melee is in coding phase! :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Think of it this way:

You're not paying five bucks to get into the force pit. You're just paying five bucks to help the development of ESF. The force pit is extra.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually it was my idea. I kinda konvinced teh rest of the team to look after the force pit a bit since all the updates were instantly made public. I kinda felt that was unfair for those who actually donated in the past and were promissed an early view on for some things.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We already got tons of content out of it in the early development of 1.3.

Your 5 bucks don't last forever, you know.

Even so, you're not really paying for content.

You're paying for Kidboy pixxx.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh wall did you think that the team was lazzy they worked there asses out

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright gang, your opinions have been noted, you may now return to the topic at hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom