My new Zeratul sig.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Alright, so it's been a long time since I made a starcraft-based sig, and all of my previous ones turned up crappy because of the lack of good renders. So I experimented and managed to pull something off with this:

All in all, it looks pretty decent to me. The text isn't that good, but there is something besides that that doesn't appeal to me. I can't quite put my finger on it, but something's bothering me in the big picture. Any suggestions on how to improve it?

And recommend me a good font, please. I'm all out -.-

EDIT: Oh and if the render seems low-quality, it's because I took a picture and rendered it myself, something I suck at horribly.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice.

The only things I don't like are the font, the green border and the quality of the render. You would be better off using a StarCraft font for the text. The border would be better off black rather than green. And while you did a good job on the render, the spots you skipped or missed are clearly visible.

Overall, really good job.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dislike the size and border. Oh, and I don't like that it is smudged on edges and the rest is very sharp, so it kinda looks weird, but as MC said, well done, future-class-m8

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting,

The border color is something I don't like, and the entire signature is too juicy with all of that green. =o


brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It needs the green border to be brown like his armor.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
why did you render yourself, there is render of that same char in same pose on planetrenders.com
Can you link it? I searched Zeratul and only one picture came up, and it was crap.

And MC, thanks. I wasn't aware there was a Starcraft font available for download, I'll look that up.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Alright, fixed it up a little; replaced the green border with a black one (brown didn't really work for me, don't know why), replaced my render with the high quality one, and changed the font to Starcraft's. Now I think it's good:

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it... but, I'm not 100% in love with the font, and we all know that's personal preference anyways.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a Hi-red version of that picture on the SC2 website if you look for it, probably a little better quality if you want. Otherwise the BG is the only thing that bothers me. It's too all over the place I guess, no real flow, and doesn't mesh with the stock/render w/e you want to call it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you should crop that whole signature a little smaller, it's way too big. Also , blend that Zeratul render more appealing with that color. The text itself is ok though.

But yeah, as MC pointed out, that render definitely needs some tweaking and working out.
Otherwise, it's pretty good job.

Best answers
id say... image size (*smaller*) bubic sharper tadaa nice sig.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom