How to change speed of the mod

Best answers
Hey, im new and i want to know how to change the speed of the mod, because its real fast o_o spirit ball charges in like 2 seconds

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I'm afraid that is not possible without AMX Mod X plugins. But as far as I know, no one really made them as there is / were no use for it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats right. Noone really made anything to slow down the mod cause everyone was to buisy complaining how slow it got compared to 1.1 ^^

Youll just have to learn with that speed. A good idea is to get your mouse sensetivity up. I normally use 20. But you should atleast try to get used to 6 (default is 3) and after that increase it by 2 each time you get used to it. Thatll make you turn round faster and make you faster alltogether.

Best answers
Nonono i mean, im playing at default speed right? then all of the sudden, everything is faster, kamekameha charges in 2 seconds bots are super fast and they beat the crap out of me ( when they r spinning me they do it FAST) then i close it and re open its normal speed again and then again all of the sudden it goes fast again

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can you post your PC's specs? As in, CPU speed, RAM and graphics card? I had this problem before, if you have an AMD x2 CPU, you most likely didn't install the special drivers for it. So yeah, post your specs, I'll see if I can help.

Best answers
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Video Card: ATI Radeon Xpess 1150
Ram: 2gb

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
does all mods moves fast ?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Bots are always moving faster than any human.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think he means that sky.

He said it starts off at normall speed and then kicks into "turbo mode". As it everything starts going faster.

The oposite effect of having a single player game run on not enough FPS making it seem like its in slow mode.

Sadly i have no idea what may be causing it.

croxigor what about if you play ESF online?

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sounds kinda like "lag jump" how long does the superspeed last or is it indefinite?

what fps are you getting when before and after superspeed kicks in? use net_graph 3

Try updating the video card drivers.

which operating system are you using?

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
sounds like lag, cl_flushpacket thingy, r u on wireless?

Best answers
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-56, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
You have a Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop system right? Try reinstalling the Processor driver and see if that works.Might also be because the video card you're using is pretty weak for the standards we have today.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yep, that's the problem. Install your CPU drivers, you got them with the CPU. When you do, it should fix up the problem. Also if you can, enable VSync via your graphics card control panel, if it's possible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure this belongs in the Help section...?

Anyway, reinstall and see if that helps. If it doesn't, reinstall Steam (and then do a clean install of ESF). Most often that will solve the problem, whatever it may be.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've had this with other games. Freedom fighters for example, everything runs twice as fast. This is something some Dual Core's have. AMD has a special dual core driver fix for this (google AMD dual core optimizer). But you can also try something else, maybe it will work. Start the game, Alt Tab out of it and open the task manager. Go to processen and search HL.exe, right click it and choose something with affinity, and make sure only one of the 2 processor is clicked. Then get back in the game to see if it has changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom