Is ESF a fighter?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I said stop spamming this crap

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't really see how this is spam... seems like a legitimate question.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because this is just a continuation of the same pointless conversation from the other topic

Just yes it is, no it isnt, yes it is, again and again

That isn't a conversation or a discussion

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
its a fighting game, but not a beat 'em up (such as doa, tekken532456, *** fighter 3 turbo mega ultra hyper, mortal kombat, etc...)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, there's different types of fighting games.

If you're comparing ESF to a versus style fighting game... it's clearly not one.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wikipedia the solution to everything said:
The main distinction between this genre and the beat 'em up genre is that players are of roughly equal power to their opponents, and fights are self-contained matches involving a small number of characters (usually between two and four). While not defining traits of the genre, the vast majority of fighting games involve life bars, fights that last an odd number of rounds, and are viewed in profile.
source

In the end I guess it all depends on your definition of a fighting game. As I said in the other thread, if you don't classify ESF as a fighter what classification can it fall under?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a deathmatch/teamplay 3rd-person action game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For the record i still put it in the same category as Tenkaichi.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a deathmatch/teamplay 3rd-person action game.
Agreed

For the record i still put it in the same category as Tenkaichi.
Why? Tenkaichi has almost all the staples of a fighting game and doesn't play anything like ESF. The only staple ESF has on the fighting genre front is that you use punches and kicks.

@Rocky: The line before that states "In a fighting game, players face off against each other or against computer-controlled characters in close combat."

ESF can be close combat, but it's distance combat most of the time.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because despite what you believe they share the same gameplay.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Rocky: The line before that states "In a fighting game, players face off against each other or against computer-controlled characters in close combat."

ESF can be close combat, but it's distance combat most of the time.
I'm not an old school or even a new school ESF player, but I'm pretty sure people use mostly melee in ESF and the "distance combat" which I understand as beams aren't used as much which would mean that it IS a fighting game. Unless you mean something else by distance combat.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Because despite what you believe they share the same gameplay.
Like?

Rocky said:
I'm not an old school or even a new school ESF player, but I'm pretty sure people use mostly melee in ESF and the "distance combat" which I understand as beams aren't used as much which would mean that it IS a fighting game. Unless you mean something else by distance combat.
I mean simple melee. You can't really classify simple melee as close quarter combat, you're far away from them the majority of the time.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I mean simple melee. You can't really classify simple melee as close quarter combat, you're far away from them the majority of the time.
If you suck.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're good, you're never more than maybe a few character lengths from your opponent (that is, if you play aggressive, not "I AM A WHORE" style).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom