ESF Texture theft in Second Life

Best answers
Hi everyone. I'm a leading DBZ avatar creator in Second Life. I make all my own products, textures, etc.

But I've found one of my competitors who is not so honest. He is selling avatars which look wonderful. But he is not a good artist at all. I have confronted him about this, and he admitted he takes textures from ESF, uploads, and resells them as his own work.

I find this appaling personally. I've tried pressuring him morally to stop, but he doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong with selling other people's work. So I wanted to let you all know, and hope the ESF team is willing to do something about it. Below are some pictures taken from his store.

(yes, he's french)
If the ESF team is interested in pursuing this, Linden Lab, the creators of Second Life, have a DMCA process in place to deal with such things. I can provide info on where to find this place in SL, etc.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well really the only people who could complain about that would be the people who made the textures/models. So you would need to contact whoever that would be.

Also the guy made them look like ass.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku? Man I'll have nightmares about Cell..

Such a grumpy face.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha he stuck them on horrible models...this guy should be taken down just for sucking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everything in second life looks like that though. It's one big pile horrible furry orgy of pure retinal pain.

Best answers
No offense, but the textures and models look horrible. Sorry.
As mentioned, they're not my work. The textures are from ESF, though a little stitched together and butchered.

I was assuming I'd be able to contact the ESF artists through here. Is that not so ?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also want to add my input of how much those models suck ass.

Best answers
Something tells me these are counterfeit Halloween costumes ;O.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Something tells me these are counterfeit Halloween costumes ;O.
Thats because the way second life works they basically are Halloween costumes. And the fact that they are stolen makes them counterfeit.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can make out GG & Kama Brolly, Kreshis Goku, Neds Trunks and the 1.3 Goku. No idea about the Buu or Cell

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh well. I don't think there's really anything we can do about it.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oh well. I don't think there's really anything we can do about it.
We could send over half the comunity and start a flame war on the forums. Like what happened for that WC3 mod model rip.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
That Buu looks so deformed, I can't even tell which one the texture belonged to
Cell skin should be Mastasurfs (1.3 pcell)

Worst rips ever

We could send over half the comunity and start a flame war on the forums. Like what happened for that WC3 mod model rip.
I think thats a good idea :p
I mean, he's selling them

Force Pit Member
Best answers
hey, how abbout do something abbout it so its hard to rip, add a decompile code in to the qc file so that they cant get edited withot permision,or lock the player folder with a passward, or even hide the folder , so peoble cant get pased it,
and one of the things i dont get is why he used only the skin and why didnt he just rig the esf model to the second scheleton or whatever it uses :|, cuz that look like str8 AS crp

Best answers
That's really not going to do much. The SL community is millions, literally. Noone would care. And it's far from a tight knit community either. Many people from many countries, and many different third party forums.

As I mentioned in my OP, linden lab has a DMCA process in place. Which is the best route to go if you want anything to actually be done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom