Save 1.2

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The vast majority of the people who download ESF never learn how to play it. They quit before they even have an idea of how the game is played. Those that do learn the game will quit before becoming good. Why is it that every player who has stuck with ESF has either come from a version before 1.2, or started to play at the very start of 1.2 when everyone was learning the game.

Seriously, why is no one sticking with the game? It's not because ESF is a bad game, on the contrary, it's one of the best games you can get out there, and it's free. So wtf is up?

The game is too ****ing hard to learn. No one has a safe environment to learn how to play. Whats that? 1.3 will fix this with an ingame tutorial? 1.3 won't be done for atleast another year or two, and that's being generous. Something needs to be done so that 1.2 doesn't die a slow, painful death. It's already well on its way.

In short, we need a 1.2.4. It matters not if 1.2.4 has any new features, improvements, or bug fixes. It only needs one thing - A useful ingame tutorial.

So, ESF Team, this is my question. Do you want people to actually enjoy the great game you created, or do you want everyone to download the game and quit a few days later? Without exaggerating, I can count on my hands the amount of people who have stuck with the game in the past two years.

I've already posted what I thought would be an easy to implement, useful tutorial. This would be huge goodwill towards the community who has stood by the mod, and would boost the player base significantly. It would be an insignificant amount of work compared to whats ahead in 1.3.

The balls in your court.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you can call me in one of the very, very few that started mid-1.2, and stuck with it. I got my ass kicked but eventually got better :)

Though, all my friends I showed, hated how I kept whipping them ;o

brainfeeder
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I think most people can figure out how to move/fight... it's just the crafty stuff like gliding and tele-hitting that's the learning curve.

As well as learning to manage ki and time your hits.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone can figure it out, but they won't. They want it shown to them, or they'll quit.

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Perhaps, with Chakra-X's permission, we can add his flash tutorial ingame.

That would be nice and helpful :).

Best answers

Yea that be great ive been around since 1.0 and i still get my ass kickd lol (dnt play very often) im willing to help out with making that if we get permission

Base belongs to me.
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ŽLรฉgรฉรฑdฤrรฝ
Best answers
1.3 won't be done for atleast another year or two, and that's being generous. Something needs to be done so that 1.2 doesn't die a slow, painful death. It's already well on its way.
Two years is hella long, don't you think? It'll be done much sooner than that. It'll be much likely released this year.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The melee system was basically the major update for 1.2 and look at how long 1.2 took. The melee system for 1.3 isn't even started yet. I don't think two more years is out of the question. Do you not think the team should make an ingame tutorial for 1.2 sky?

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
/me wonders if it would be possible to create a amxx based tutorial plugin
Then we could let special "tutorial" servers run 24/7

Best answers
/me wonders if it would be possible to create a amxx based tutorial plugin
Then we could let special "tutorial" servers run 24/7
Yep sounds gud, if the amxx plugin is made the new file hosting site can run a 24/7 tut server with selected admins of corse

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have servers only for beginners they'll never learn the advanced stuff, (not for a while anyway) even worse I can imagine some bored 10 year old pro busting in and killing everybody.

If you don't have a tutorial for all the advanced stuff that makes the pro players pro, nobody will learn. If anything else, the pro players need to go down a couple of notches when playing beginners till they start to get the hang of it. Face it, you don't need much skill to beat a newbie anyway.

I don't really play ESF much anyway, I busted it out a couple of weeks ago and had a bit of fun playing and trying to beat some pro people, but eventually it does get boring. The best I ever could do was two consecutive basic melee hits, but yeah. I'm not sure how well a tutorial could do to revive 1.2.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda feel like adding a tut to 1.2 is like putting a band-aid on an exploded face, but the worst it can do is not affect anything, so I'm for it.

ESF Head Team Mapper
๐Ÿ‘‘ Administrator
๐ŸŒ  Staff
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
how about some kind of events, announced 2 weeks in advance or so.
Like, "ask the pros and learn how its done"
Would anyone volunteer? I'd do it if other people join

Force Pit Member
Best answers
well, i'd join, but i dont have hl, hard to finde it in romania ,maybe some non steam servers, that wold gather a lot more ppl , to bad its ilegal >_<

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
all of us "pros" are a little to busy to do anything much than get on for a while. and i cant even ****ing connect to any servers, thanks to steams ****tiness. so an event wont really cut it.

adding a tutorial server can only last for so long.

it should be an interactive tutorial. its more than possible. sure, itll be a little more work and slow down the already snail pace of 1.3, but wtf do we have to lose at this point? at the very least the update might kickstart a few people onto ESF again. then, the sudden understanding of how to play may create a reverse domino effect, so to speak.

3 section. novice/newbie - intermediate/regular - advanced/pro
newbie level - ki management, movement (includes turbo demonstration),block
regular - ki attacks, teleportation strikes, teleswoop
pro - implementation, energy combinations (ground beaming)

now tell me that you wont have fun putting all that too use?

The Prodigy
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers

What would be even better is if they had it explained to them like in Chakra-X's tutorial, then have the player try it themselves, succeeding lets them continue, or they can choose to skip parts (if they already know how to do it), more advance levels for gliding, angling, which the tutorial gives them a bot to use on.

Best answers
u could make the tut script force u to do sertain things, and each player spawns in a diffrent box on a map or something, so they cant attack each other, maybe dumby bots to practice on as u get further into the tut the bots can start to move or swoop or even attack.

just an idea? what u think?

Best answers
I think we should just make a video and throw it into the game for 1.2.4.

The video would show the moves, how to counter, and the combos. The Combos are not very important anymore in 1.2, and looks like it will be gone from 1.3.

Might as well just tell them. If we do create a video and basically upfront tell them how to play, I'm sure we'll get more people out there.

However, keeping 1.3 in production seems more of an importance to me. Making a small video would barely impede on time and would allow the team to get cracking back at 1.3

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I really do think that there should have been a ESF 1.2.4, which would be an update to 1.2.3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom