my judgement about 1.3 ( old player )

Best answers
Attention bad english

First something about myself:

I played this game about 1/2 years ago i ques. it was a good game but a bit buggy and not compleetly finished with development.
I'm 21 years old, live in the netherlands
Now i checked what you guys have reached with 1.3

First off all there are no servers ( if you make a game then host a server ) specially if its a beta.

About the beta itself:

i started up the 1.3 version of esf and found the starting sound like really iritating with the background. even pacman has a better theme with background and thats not a good thing.

When i created my own server and started to see the good - evil thingy with char select. That part looks pritty dam nice.

after i choosed my char. i started to play a bit with 18 or however that girl endroid is called. it took me about 10 seconds before i get iritated about it. Its only a skin change of krillin.

The animations are serieusly bugged.

I started to started to play some new char from the evil side captain ginju. After i used that big blast what was pritty nice made i was like. hmm nice
but when i used his second skill that kinda iritated me. So i quited that one to.

then i started to play my 3th char goku to see how much he improved. I actually hated the animations ( nice made up ) but its like you control some wooden stick. after flying ( which is totally crap looking ) and shooting a bit, then i quited teh game totally. this aint a game. this is just some data combined nothing more.

you cant call this a beta ( beta means almost finished only a few bugs left that players can encounter).

conclusion:

after reading the topics esf is dead. I started to look at it myself.
People had something like ( they developers are bussy with something that gona be awsome ) now they saw what the developers made after all this ( years ) its like trash some minor upgrades that doesn't seem to work well at all.

Future:

About the future of this game. I dont think this gona be much more better then 1.2.3 that i played 1 hour before 1.3. after what i saw on 1.3.

YOu guys can better quit 1.3 totally implant the good stuff at 1.2.3 and make some more improvements on 1.2.3 like more transforms more chars.

Be real it isn't gona look better with the half life engine. Its just a old engine.
Dragonballz itself is getting old. IT was a big hype a few years ago. everybody wanted some decent games to play with there favorite chars. Now that dragonballz doesn't attract that much attention anymore games as this that are heavy under developed are getting even lesser attention.

To make a compleet new version from the same engine like you guys are doing with 1.3 is just redicilous. At the time you finish 1.3 nobody wanna play it anymore.

1.2.3:

I checked this like i played a year ago ( could be 1.x.x dunno the version that i played that time ) but its nice developed good pvp in it. Some nice transforms and there are actually some servers that are working well.

What i would see improved abuot this version is:

more servers
better skins
more transforms
more chars to play with
and maybe some new effects ( attacks )

about the communitie:

you guys need to say when you gona deliver a full working version. SO people can live to that time.
You cant just assume people to stay while they just dont know when there gona be a new update.
When people will hear SOON or ASAP they will say, screw it i gona play some serieus games and just leave the game like it is.

I know that you guys dont got like 1 million dollars / euro's whatever to your budget and that you got a full team working day in day out on it.

But keep players informed about what you gona do and when you gona deliver things.

K this my thing about whole esf atm.

keep up the good work you deliver on 1.2.3

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well Open beta , stands for OPEN BETA to evryone , what you get in Open beta it's what the guys develop each weak , when instad of using it for real life they create the game , progres might be slow a bit but they game was complety redone from screched.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
....you guys need to say when you gona deliver a full working version. SO people can live to that time.
You cant just assume people to stay while they just dont know when there gona be a new update......

.....But keep players informed about what you gona do and when you gona deliver things.
I agree with that, but I espect better from 1.3 than you do.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was a big read ^^

In any case. If you only started playing ESF 1 to 2 years ago then you seriously missed out on the best ones. Sure 1.1 had its problems but it was fast, simple and fun.

The 1.2 versions are OK but they are slower and are getting complicated.

Now for your declaration of the word beta. Beta means not finished. It does not mean allmost done. Allso the Open Beta is not a compleete release. So why should the team provide a server for it, when its not even playable on a competative scale?

Face it the most recent version of ESF thats playable is 1.2.3

The Open Beta is only there so people can help the team with feedback on how to improve the game and help search for bugs.

Lets continue with 18 then. Shes a reskined Krillin? Thats not true. She only uses 1 attack thats the same as Krillins. And thats destructo disc. He has her own attacks one of wich is really a special one ^^ and she uses the buddy system rather than the transformation system. Her special abulity is quick Ki recovery aswell as not apearing on radar.

Now Ginyu. His other ability? You mean bodyswap. That attack actually swiches you with another player. You can swich the 1Hp and 2million PL ginyu for a SSJ3 Goku with full HP and 15 million PL. The risk is only that if he gets out of the beam you turn in to a frog if you arnt careful. But you can swich back to ginyu after that. So the idea of that move is get the guy to the ground so he cant move and swich with him. He allso uses the buddy system meaning you can call out one member of the ginyu squad. Right now only Recome and Guldo are implanted. The buddys are basic helpers that havehteir own HP, PL and KI. You will be able to give them basic commands aswell as swich to them. Each of them has its own characteristic. Allso instead of dieing you swich over to controlling the budy, that way you actually have a double HP bar.

Now the animations. You probably noticed that there are unfinished animations in there. Those are the onlyones that look like sticks if you ask me. DT did a nice job of keeping the animations fluid and i think he did a preety nice job.

Now the skins:
ESF 1.3 (and Open Beta) skin:
Goku: http://www.moddb.com/images/cache/mods/48/48/gallery/water_30549.jpg
Trunks: http://www.moddb.com/mods/48/earths-special-forces/images/30418/ssj-trunks#imagebox

ESF 1.2 (and 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 and 1.2.3) skin:
Goku: http://esf-world.gamers-desire.de/uploads_screenshots/backupgoku950.jpg
Trunks: http://esf-world.gamers-desire.de/uploads_screenshots/trunksbackup955.jpg

Are you seriously saying the 1.3 skins are wose then the 1.2 skins?

Lastly. You said we should tell them what we are doing. They have access to the same version of the game that we are testing. We tekk them what features are added and we tell them what bugs are fixed. Every Open Beta we get out is the exact copy of what the inteam version looks like. Its not ment for playing its ment for the people to see waht we are doing and coment on it.

Now just a coment on your "Its been 2 years and this is all you have" remark. Yes this is all we have. BUT look at project Tien. It was a comunity project to create 4 things:
- Tien model
- Tien animations
- Tien sprites
- Tien Sounds

If they created that the team promissed to put Tien in as a playable ESF character. Here is the irony. The whole ESF comunity managed to not finish a single model where the team allready remade all the models that are ingame. Whats more there are less people working on models in the team and only 1 person working on the animations. And the team allready did a lot more than all the 50 people that were working on Tien. In the same time i might add.

You did a nice crit. Probably the best one so far. But there are 2 things wrong in it.
1: You claim to be an old ESF player and talk about 1.2 only? WTF not a single old player denies that 1.1 was one of the best (if not the best) versions of ESF that ever existed. So basically you are still freshblood.
2: While you did write up a lot of things you think about the game you didnt stay objectional. I sense a lot of "Why is this game not out yet" atmosphere in your post. But as said was one of the betterones ^^

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Its called BETA for a reason you know, its not like they will release it the way it is, its gonna be alot different from once the actual release comes, so don't judge it by how it is right now, give more feedback.. and they cannot give a release date because they dont know when the release date will be.
PS: 1/2 year ago isnt much of an old player.

Best answers
Woww... you really create an account just to say this? dude..

all the comunity are waiting for the full release. i think 1.3 is the most beautfull ESF ever released, the game play was improve IMO, all the new systems make 1.3 the most complex and cool mod ever released.

Yes, there are missing animations, some bugs stills, the advanced melee isnt started yet.. thats all..
we can expect another year or two of development for a full release.. but i dont care.. i will stay here waiting and giving my opinion some time. thats all i can do.

wait until the new adv melee come out to test! it will rock!!!

btw.. can someone post another mirror of the new open beta please? thanx :D

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i don't see how u can disslike the 1.3 models/skins and animations ...
masterpieces! i mean look at the 1.2.x animations and compare them to 1.3 ones. they are so alive, none like 1.2 slow ones.. (ofcourse back then they rulled!)
and about what's taking so long thing.. i fully understand them. infact u told the answer yourself. they don't get a million bucks for theyre work! they do it on theyre free time and for fun!
anywayz there are so many things i wanna say, but my pc time is over..
Goodnight

Best answers
Just readed the comments.

( k this the first topic where nobody is yelling at my writing art ) just for the info :D

for the account part.

i already had a account but forgot prolly the name and pass of it so i made another one :p.

About the others. after the big ass explenation i kinda turned my vision on this "project".

I know how long you need to work on things to get it moving. I have no clue how big your group is. But i got respect for you guys for doing all this work after so much years of developing. Personally i cant focus for so long on 1 single task.

Its just that i compare this game with other games. Normally you dont develope a game and after it totally remake it and remake it until its perfect.
You just create 1 version update it. And create newer kind of game ( hl2 ) a new version mod.

But i think you guys see this as hobby and not as something that needs to be done before end of a game lifetime.

Respect from me, for focussing so long on 1 thing.

Anyway you can see my post for not made :p you guys kinda turned my vision on this project for 100%

Keep up the good work it actually pays off.

Best answers
Good to hear that!!

BTW.. dont you think ESF 1.3 should have another name, like. ESF 2.0 or any other because its a remake..

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good to hear that!!

BTW.. dont you think ESF 1.3 should have another name, like. ESF 2.0 or any other because its a remake..
Thats only because people dont use the full name of the game ^^

The full name is ESF Beta 1.3 ^^

Its been Beta ever since the version 1.0 Before that it was Alpha. So technically if it gets renamed it would be just ESF.

Best answers
yes we can agree he is old but he is defently not one of the older players.
ah, i remeber the good old alpha days :p

and yes beta 1.1 was really good, i think i still have it around here some where.

i am still around here, i just tend not to post often haha.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
dear mr holand, thank you informed us for such great message. your pleasure oppinion with catalyzing us to push forward. according to your infromation you have so much trouble about playing open beta. please allow me to tell you this: the open beta is incompleted version of v1.3. so which you're playing a test beta and you argue with that...so good luck and have good life! thank you.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Wow, I don't know half the people that posted in this thread. And the improper grammar and the like is enough to make my eyes bleed D:

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
please stay on topic, less complaining about bad typing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom