Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Signature of the month No.1
As we made a deal, from now on we'll have SOTMs :p
20 days to make a sig and then 10 or 11 days (9 days in February) for voting.

This is the render I choosed. I wanted first to make sure render is good so I asked Tiger, he said it is fine, so...

I hope I'll see a lot of entries til January 20th 2008 ;)

BTW, can some of admins make a special section for SOTMs?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like this idea, so I'll sticky this thread for now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I need a little background information before beginning.

How many siganatures are we allowed to make and enter?

And if we post one, can we go back and edit it before Jan. 28, or is the first one we post the one we enter with no changes?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm... I'll copy /paste rulz from my forum :p
• User name must be on signature
• Format must be JPEG, BMP, PNG or GIF ( animated signature )
• Only one entry per member
• Entry must only be made by yourself
• Entry must follow render theme
• You cannot vote your own entry
• Maximum sig size is 400x150 pixels

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think that Gryph's text is one of the most original and awesome ones I've ever seen on any signature ever.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll have to agree with Shiyo, that's one original way of text usage, I have never seen it before in my life. I like it. Only thing I am missing on Gryph's signature is a border, other than that, great job!

I also like Legendary's signature, except for some reason, your stock looks really low quality...

🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'll have to agree with Shiyo, that's one original way of text usage, I have never seen it before in my life. I like it. Only thing I am missing on Gryph's signature is a border, other than that, great job!

I also like Legendary's signature, except for some reason, your stock looks really low quality...
Border sux imo, try to use some glow/blur/contrast effect's. ( reminder for all)

Anyway such a nice girl :fight:

Can't enter since my Photoshop trail got expired.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally think that Gryph's text is one of the most original and awesome ones I've ever seen on any signature ever.
Wow, thank you both.

There is a border too, you just can't see it because it is white.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like yours a lot Gryph, but something bothers me about the composition, its almost as if the right hand side of the sig is completely empty, even though its not. After the text and just at the end of her hair, you eyes are brought to the bottom of the picture, as if the rest weren't there.

Legendary, your text is placed rather badly, and to some degree I think the render is too high, the text itself is nice and go's with those arrows well, but it should be slightly more to the left to balance out the brightness of the face on the right. You've made the contrast on the piece very low too, I'm not quite sure if that was a good choice, I think a layer of overlay on a low opacity with some compositional masking (using the contrast to influence the eye) would work wonders.

Lukyas, Its quite nice, apart from the radial blur/radiating light, and for a name like Mr. Lukyas you should be playing more with your fonts, simply put, Mr. and lukyas can be messed around with more than a single word name, if you're going simplicity with the text then just stick to Lukyas, Mr. looks messy at the start especially with the typeface you chose for this sig.

Nice stuff so far anyway ^^ shame the render is already cut out though =\

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might do... Im trying to get back into my art atm, would be a fun exercise.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If i get back into my PS mood as i did in the good ol' days then ill join but now tis kinda meh >_>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I just have to agree. Gryph has made an masterpiece, and the text is very unique.

And yeah, i accidentally made my signature 8-bit instead of 16-bit.

Legendary, your text is placed rather badly, and to some degree I think the render is too high, the text itself is nice and go's with those arrows well, but it should be slightly more to the left to balance out the brightness of the face on the right. You've made the contrast on the piece very low too, I'm not quite sure if that was a good choice, I think a layer of overlay on a low opacity with some compositional masking (using the contrast to influence the eye) would work wonders.

Thanks a bunch David, i'll be sure to take notes from this.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

edit: i'm sorry but she looks like shes having the time of her life if ya catch my drift

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks cool and vectory. VERY NICE!!! /Borat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom