Do you think the forum is dying?

• Yep.

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • No WAI!

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I think I do. In every thread I view, I only see people who have been here for more than 2-3 years, and are therefore, more or less 'loyal' to ESF in some way. Absolutely no more new members are coming to the community, people are just leaving.

Another thing is that no one even talks about ESF anymore. Once there used to be hundreds of threads, either about needing help with ESF or posting a movie with ESF, making a clan war and what not. The point is, people had the wish to play ESF once.

I think the Open Beta killed it. Everyone's anxiousness for 1.3's release kept the forum alive. When it was released in January, everyone was kinda dissapointed. imo they shouldn't ever released it. What's your opinion on it?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Lukyas. The forums are fine, it's the mod that needs attention. While the forums have long past their glory days, they're still in good enough shape. I voted yes, however, for that very reason. The forums aren't what they used to be. A lot of the best people have left. :(

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
With the right kind of advertisement, the people will get back/in as they know the forums are fixed again. I do feel responsible for this, as I never intended for this to happen. Thus I wanted to fix the problem as soon as possible. I am sorry, but I am glad things have been mostly solved.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wouldn't take things hard on yourself sky, you can only do so much. I place much of the blame on File Front for not acting on our recommendations.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they will comeback sky don't warry or I will make them come back

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hardly, due to fact that it is losing members and by magic corona-bytes is getting them.
One of the reasons is the fact that U guys are... hm... old! almost everyone above 20 yrs old, so it is hard for me to speak to ya, frankly. And U kinda made a clan of "ESF Veterans" and holding to tightly, like not exepting new members (like me). Im not kinda excepted in Ure company, at least I feel so, but that doesn't metter, point is... we have to make ESF more intresting like Grega and skiz did last month I think, when they made ESF 1.1 server. Some news, add action, things, U know....

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why can't you talk to them because they're older?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it is hard! It is hard making contact with someone who is that maturer, better at speaking English, and probably smarter than me.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lukyas you have to start somewhere. I was working for a huge IRC Network known as GamesNET when I was 17 and I was working with some very intelligent people. Yes I felt a little inferior to them because they knew so much more but eventually I started to learn more and be able to do more by just talking and working with them so its a win win situation.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just for a heads up, development on the mod has picked up again as Ive gotten much more toys to play with and now that I finally realized its time to get my @$$ back in gear. I take part of the blame for lack of mod development, but hey, thats real life for you right?...

but like I said, Im getting my butt back in gear

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
With the right kind of advertisement, the people will get back/in as they know the forums are fixed again. I do feel responsible for this, as I never intended for this to happen. Thus I wanted to fix the problem as soon as possible. I am sorry, but I am glad things have been mostly solved.
It's far from your fault. Frankly, I felt the forums drastically change ever since Open Beta was released, for the worse. Sure, a lot of people who left came back, but right now it gives you the feeling that the only people here are those who have known each other for far longer than I've even known about this forum. They're like 'elites' of the forum. It might sound silly, but that's just how I feel about it. When only the best are around, it kinda gets boring at times. Also, the only active section is the Off-Topic one. That alone shows that something's wrong. Well, that's my view on the whole situation, now I don't know if people share it, but I think that some of the members do.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im trying to live up GFX section, U forgot that :p
but, I have nothing against off topicing! My most succesfull thread was (I steel remember ^_^) Moon Walk *some year* was a hoax! And there are many intrest topics in Off-Topic section.
P.S. Even Onslaught not coming :(

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When only the best are around, it kinda gets boring at times.
I disagree. I feel the problem lies more in that we have too few of the best people left. 75% of the best people are gone and probably aren't coming back. I miss Deverz, Dask, and even Pain (he and I had our problems, but overall I had fun with him around). The ones that haven't left are much less active. Death is slowly creeping over these forums. :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I disagree. I feel the problem lies more in that we have too few of the best people left. 75% of the best people are gone and probably aren't coming back. I miss Deverz, Dask, and even Pain (he and I had our problems, but overall I had fun with him around). The ones that haven't left are much less active. Death is slowly creeping over these forums. :(
Maybe it has to do with the time one came to the forum. You see, from the people you mentioned, I only know of Pain. The other two probably left before I even came to the forum. I also miss Pain, but I also miss LegendarY who came to the forum one year after myself.

Discord Member
Best answers
Well if you ask me..what made the thing die...is well its old,
Most of the news is outdated..due to the forum downtime people lost interest,
Some of the pros left cause of the reasons they liked ESF 1.2 and now that they see new stuff in open beta their not used to they automatically just throw s**** on it.
Most of the people interested in ESF are kids, who want fancy fx, thousands of characters etc.
I like the way 1.3 is going, the adv melee concept looks interesting, even the graphics for an old HL engine mod is awesome.

What ESF needs is some advertising, and well something big, a huge BANG..
A new trailer, using the fx script and announcing a 1.2 event or even 1.1 event: TOURNAMENT even use some video editing of fighting to show us how you picture the adv melee

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced melee was the worst thing ever to be implemented in ESF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom