MOTM

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what can i say...nice technique for esf! :)

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uh, what's special about it?
I remember you could swat away beams and blasts in 1.2 also.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@Vip3r: It's not just beams and blasts. Look more closely. It's the whole power struggle being swatted away. What's going on is that if a character is strong enough, instead of HAVING to fire a beam to overpower a powerstruggle heading their way, they can just swat the whole thing away, including all individual blasts and beams involved in the power struggle. I'd like to see some overpowered dude swat away a PS with a bunch of different blasts/beams involved :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Heh, not bad. Should be fun to play around with when someone decides to actually play the Open Beta. :(

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
without the new melee no one will play it!

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me break it to you: for now "the new melee" is just in a concept state.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I for one at least won't be downloading the new open beta just to play around with some Powerstruggle swapping. To be honest, I think it's kind of lame...let's make it even easier for the strongest people on the server. If they are strong enough, he can just swat away the PS that's coming towards him.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When someone is PSing, they saw the attack coming, because it came from the front. You don't have to PS, you can just move/teleport to the side too.

This doesn't really give weaker players a big disadvantage.

Best answers
Here's an idea: Move 1 meter to the left.

Problem solved.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its cool and all but is it stuff like this thats holding up the melee implementation?

its in a conceptual state right now, true enough, but why havent we seen ANYTHING about it? even just a few experiments would ease the worries about this mod.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what i remember from when i read the design concept, the new melee idea seems too complex.
I mean wouldn't it be easier to turn advanced melee into a 3d fighter style one, while keeping the idea of the melee bubble?

Best answers
No, this is not holding up melee, Joe will be working on melee.

As for the oh noes, it's giving strong players an advantage: the only practical application of this is to slow down a beam with your (or your buddies(!)) beam/ball, then swat the beamstruggle. A strong player would just win the ps right away or have enough ki left to teleport. A weaker player can protect hisself this way.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea since shooting ball attacks into an incomming beam now makes the beam weaker untill the ball attacks are strong enough to start a struggle. If you mow the beam down like that you can deflect it nicely.

The system still has a couple of bugs though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom