question about setup efs

Best answers
Here has been wroten that I can use half life or counter strike to install EFS, so why when I try to install EFS with counter strike (I have CS in Steam) this didn't work? and why here in the forum has been wroten that just half life can be used to install EFS?
Thanks.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The main page information is a little outdated. You can no longer play ESF with Counter-Strike anymore, you need Half-Life.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here has been wroten that I can use half life or counter strike to install EFS, so why when I try to install EFS with counter strike (I have CS in Steam) this didn't work? and why here in the forum has been wroten that just half life can be used to install EFS?
Thanks.
Yea there is a problem.

The first link you posted was made before STEAM existed. When you got Half Life as soon as you bought Counter Strike. Ofcourse that information became inacurate as soon as Condition Zero came out.

When Condition Zero came out you didnt get Half Life with Counter Strike anymore. Thus you didnt have the correct files anymore.

That part of the site was kinda forgotten and not updated.

You need Half Life to play ESF. You get Counter Strike with Half Life. And since you have Half Life you have the correct files to play ESF.

If you buy Counter Strike. You get Condition Zero with it. And since you dont have Half Life some files are missing (that are part of Half Life itself) wich causes ESF to not work with it.

Best answers
Thanks to the helpers.

Yea there is a problem.

The first link you posted was made before STEAM existed. When you got Half Life as soon as you bought Counter Strike. Ofcourse that information became inacurate as soon as Condition Zero came out.

When Condition Zero came out you didnt get Half Life with Counter Strike anymore. Thus you didnt have the correct files anymore.

That part of the site was kinda forgotten and not updated.

You need Half Life to play ESF. You get Counter Strike with Half Life. And since you have Half Life you have the correct files to play ESF.

If you buy Counter Strike. You get Condition Zero with it. And since you dont have Half Life some files are missing (that are part of Half Life itself) wich causes ESF to not work with it.
I don't understand how Condition Zero is related here? Because I didn't install CZ, I just install CS in my computer (but yes, I have CZ in my Steam account).

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how Condition Zero is related here? Because I didn't install CZ, I just install CS in my computer (but yes, I have CZ in my Steam account).

Thats exacly how its related.

Before Condition Zero apeared you would get Half Life along with buying Counter Strike.

But after Condition Zero came out they changed it so that you get Condition Zero instead of Half Life along with Counter Strike.

But that allso means that not all files are included that would be there if you had Half Life. So that makes CS useless for modifications. Cause it no longer contains all the Half Life files. It only has the files necesairy to run Condition Zero.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Heh, might as well change a few things on the website, thanks for the headsup.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Its blatant of ESF team to disallow installing on said CZ/CS installation because it works perfectly fine. This has gone long out of hand in my oppinion, arrogance at this matter is really astounding.

You CAN play ESF as long as you manage to get full esf folder in CZ or CS 1.6 folder. And guess what, works just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom