consider this...

Best answers
consider this bungie has released halo 2 & 3 in less time than its taken these guys to update 1.2 to 1.3 and bungie built halo 2 & 3 from scratch now i know that they have a huge team of developers and they get paid for their work but were not talking about creating a whole game here either were talking about a mod...more specifically an update to a mod that has been out for many years. no matter the dev teams excuse this update should/could have been released ages ago.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And we care about your one-sided view of it because...?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just be glad that an update did come.

Besides, you need to rethink about your comparison between the ESF Team and Bungie Studios. Bungie Studios is being paid to make video games, while the ESF team isn't. So, while a Bungie Studios employee is able to make a living off of making video games, a staff member on the ESF team isn't. The ESF team does need a way to make a living, so they go out and get jobs, placing ESF in the hobby/side-project playlist. Then, you have team members who go to a community college, a college or a university (just to name a few).

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If the team wants to, they'll complete 1.3. They'll do it at their own pace however. Don't complain about it, it's free.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
consider this bungie has released halo 2 & 3 in less time than its taken these guys to update 1.2 to 1.3 and bungie built halo 2 & 3 from scratch now i know that they have a huge team of developers and they get paid for their work but were not talking about creating a whole game here either were talking about a mod...more specifically an update to a mod that has been out for many years. no matter the dev teams excuse this update should/could have been released ages ago.
Lets see people working on Halo = over 100

People working on ESF = 10 at most.

As for 1.2 to 1.3

1.3 is beeing made basically from scratch. So yes you can see this as a new mod.

Also an important factor. The people working on Halo have the job to work on the game. The people working on ESF use their free time to work on ESF.

If you want to complain get a team together and make your own mod. When you make something that even remotely compares to ESF then be my guest and come here and talk about how much the team sucks all you want. But while you do nothing more than sit on your lazy ass all the time i suggest you shut up.

Give crits, fine with me. Give coments or suggestions, also fine with me. But honestly right now you are acting like a spoiled brat. Noone is forcing you to wait for ESF, same as noone is forcing you to play it. Its your decision and i could care less about weather you play or not.

If you want to argue with me you can do so. But use PMs or MSN. We dont want the forums to turn into a spamfeast.

I also know Cuc and MY wont like me doing this. But im closing the thread before people start to flame.

Best answers
Lets see people working on Halo = over 100

People working on ESF = 10 at most.

As for 1.2 to 1.3

1.3 is beeing made basically from scratch. So yes you can see this as a new mod.

Also an important factor. The people working on Halo have the job to work on the game. The people working on ESF use their free time to work on ESF.

If you want to complain get a team together and make your own mod. When you make something that even remotely compares to ESF then be my guest and come here and talk about how much the team sucks all you want. But while you do nothing more than sit on your lazy ass all the time i suggest you shut up.

Give crits, fine with me. Give coments or suggestions, also fine with me. But honestly right now you are acting like a spoiled brat. Noone is forcing you to wait for ESF, same as noone is forcing you to play it. Its your decision and i could care less about weather you play or not.

If you want to argue with me you can do so. But use PMs or MSN. We dont want the forums to turn into a spamfeast.

I also know Cuc and MY wont like me doing this. But im closing the thread before people start to flame.
So if the halo team would do halo in their free time (let's say 30 minutes a working day, which would be more than the average esf team member is able to spend on esf) and you'd reduce their team to 10 people, it would take them 320 years. So we're not that slow :p

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, I hate to point out that you nobs have no cares in the world. But you don't. Most of you don't have jobs. Most of the dev team not only has a job, but are also attending college. That's two full time jobs. In their spare time, when they could be making sweet love to their girlfreinds (or emus), or watching the latest movie, or playing the games we all love, they make this mod for you.

And you ***** about slowness? Do yourself a favor, go grab a book on coding, or game design of any kind, and HELP THEM IF IT OFFENDS YOU.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea, the people who make Halo...that's their job..the people who make ESF..have other jobs, want to do toher things in life, have had people leaving the team so they have to scrap entire concepts at times or reach a stand still...oh yea and some also have college on top of their jobs.

and as cuc said...do you like...uh...work? Because you must have some kind of awesome job and get all kinds of crazy and complex things done to be downtalking someone who is doing this unpaid task, not to mention losing interest over the years might affect their progress.

as for myself, I currently work two jobs, one as a manager of a video store for extra money and two I have on the job training at integris as a nurse until I get college straightened out, and I do like to go have fun and party, and if I had a hobby, like developing a game or something...would kind of make it's release a pretty glacial pace, alot of the dev team members when the updates were being cranked out faster, had a lot less on their plate, back when PcJoe was in high school and didn't really have huge responsibilities, he could spend ****loads of time on the game...but now he has this life thing.

And out of curiosity, shouldn't you be *****ing to Nasa that we haven't sent a man to Mars yet? I mean they have hundreds of scientists, military personnel, and a nice fund to get things done, but those damned astronauts are taking their sweet time getting to Mars, those ass-holes!

Best answers
Haha my friend, one day when you get into the real working world, you will see that you wont have much time to do anything you want, imagine working full time jobs, and spending time with friends/family/spouses, you will have very limited time to work on a mod especially when you know your not even being paid for it. See, now the guys at Bungie, they can work on Halo, 8 hours a day with a huge developer team while being paid for it, so how can you even compare that? If ESF had that kind of time/team, they would be finished 1.3 in less then a week.

Best answers
i dont disagree with any of you first and foremost i like to light a fire under you guys every now and then lol sry you guys are so defensive lol... and second all i was really getting at is that with a little dedication this probably could have been finished by now. and yes i have a life thank you very much, infact i frequent these forums less than nearly all of you i bet, ask the mods to check the dates of my log-ins they are very few and far between (months). also im in college for informations systems and computer programming its my second year so infact do understand the headaches of building a program and troubleshooting it again and again and again... and yea HarSens if you put it that way...you guys arent that slow. thought halo is a much larger scale project. anyways its good to see that you guys still have alot of support and dedicated fans, i apologise for my thoughtless rant. looking forward to seeing 1.3 someday.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
On behalf of the rest of the team I say
Simply put:
We create the mod, we do it at our own pace in our free time. We don't need to justify what we do to anyone so there is no need to be "defensive or offensive" about the development process. Everyone here can download and play our mod if they want to or do something else.
There is really nothing that can be demanded from us unless somebody would pay us ;)
And even though process might be slow, its going forward steadily.

Best answers
And out of curiosity, shouldn't you be *****ing to Nasa that we haven't sent a man to Mars yet? I mean they have hundreds of scientists, military personnel, and a nice fund to get things done, but those damned astronauts are taking their sweet time getting to Mars, those ass-holes!
I havent heard anything about going to mars since the rover. o_O !!! Maybe we found something!!!!

Alien Politics ftw

=)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If NASA had forums my friend, if NASA had forums

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got bored halfway through. Withouts paragraphs and proper punctuation you are restricted to an E grade at GCSE level.

Halo costs money and takes time. Time to money ratio.
ESF is free and takes as long as it needs. Better time to money ratio.

Patience is man's best friend. A patient dog ... owns all.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
You know what? You're right! You're absolutely right!

Hey guys, let's compare Halo's 2 and 3 to Earth's special forces.

Let's compare a multi-million dollar corporation dedicated to making one video game, compramised of probably a few hundred people working on the same game. Not to mention they're getting paid for it.

Now let's compare that to Earth's Special Forces, a modification for a game that's probably older then you are, and only being worked on by a handful of people, on their free time no less, when THEY want to work on it.

It's their video game. They can do whatever they want with it. Whether or not they work on it fast, slow, or even release it, is entirely up to them. They're not getting paid for it.

Bungie created halo's 2 and 3 from scratch. ESF beta 1.0 was released, from 1.0 they reworked it and made 1.1, then with that they reworked it and turned it into 1.2. Then they made some patches for it. Then they decided to make 1.3, which is an entirely new concept. They're 'starting from scratch' as you like to so elequently put it.

Oh and for your information; this 'mod' is and entirely new game. They're just using half-life's engine to do it. So don't come here degrading ESF for some 'mod'. No one here wants to hear your malinformed opinion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Let's compare a multi-million dollar corporation dedicated to making one video game, compramised of probably a few hundred people working on the same game. Not to mention they're getting paid for it.

Now let's compare that to Earth's Special Forces, a modification for a game that's probably older then you are, and only being worked on by a handful of people, on their free time no less, when THEY want to work on it.

It's their video game. They can do whatever they want with it. Whether or not they work on it fast, slow, or even release it, is entirely up to them. They're not getting paid for it.

Bungie created halo's 2 and 3 from scratch. ESF beta 1.0 was released, from 1.0 they reworked it and made 1.1, then with that they reworked it and turned it into 1.2. Then they made some patches for it. Then they decided to make 1.3, which is an entirely new concept. They're 'starting from scratch' as you like to so elequently put it.

Oh and for your information; this 'mod' is and entirely new game. They're just using half-life's engine to do it. So don't come here degrading ESF for some 'mod'. No one here wants to hear your malinformed opinion.
That is, by far, the best counter-rant I've seen in this thread so far. QFT all the way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Put sarma up your ass and shut the **** up.

(sarma: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarma_(food)))

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dan, that was entirely uncalled for. Warning for flaming. Lets keep this friendly if we can. Hars personally reopened it so...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Nice job refraining from any disrespectful comments. This is the best way to respond to a post, without offending anyone.

Best answers
point-taken, i can barley find the time to work go to school and keep my social life alive, let alont creating an entire mod. so i respectfuly withdraw my rude comments, you guys did a great job with 1.2 and im sure 1.3 will be all the more better after all when it comes to games time = quality. by the way perhaps you guys should call the new esf 2.0 since your are starting over with a fresh build and 1.3 suggests that your are merely upgrading 1.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom