Come and tell me...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-_-

That's because you're not using Steam.

Steam's looks different.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a problem if the person you got the game from already registered that HL1 on Steam, because then you can't register it, obviously, and you won't be able to play it online.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know I can't play online, but my dad is gonna buy me origin HL1 by Steam. Can't w8 2 finally play online!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The background is on WON only.

Well i did take it and renamed the files so it kinda got ported to STEAM ^^

Its on ESF-world. I use it instead of that piccolo and Vegeta pic most people have ^^

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Today I'm buying a HL1 by Steam! When I buy it, I have to download it (from where?) When I download it... What's next where do I enter CD-Key?? How do I play online?? And in my situation I already have installed Steam and HL. When I d-load HL by Steam, do I have to uninstall the current one, and if I do have, is it gonna delete my ESF-ECX installed in HL folder? PLZ answer these questions and explain me all the procedure. And sry 4 this much.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
OK when you buy it through STEAM. Youll have it bound to your account. All youll need to do is go to the Games list in STEAM rightclick Half Life and select install. Then the game will be downloaded automatically from STEAMs servers and installed. You wont even have to put the CD-key in anywhere. Since STEAM will do that for you as soon as you buy it using STEAM.

Just remember that you have to be loged into STEAM while buying it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have to register your CD key code on Steam, then you can download it through Steam. That's the easiest way.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
WTF. Grega told I get CD-Key automaticly installed. Shiyo told me I have to register it. How do I register it if it is registerd automaticly. ???

Best answers
if you buy it by steam, its automatically registered to your account.

If you buy a Cd in a shop and then get a Cd key with that CD, then you have to register that urself.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you purchase it on steam, it registers automatically, just go to my games and download it. Then install esf to the half-life folder

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I M asking is: Can I copy it, not install it again in different folder, coz I currently don't have ESF CD.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can try to copy the CD. But HL should be installed. WON and STEAM have there difrences. It may not work if you just copy it into STEAM.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I M asking is: Can I copy it, not install it again in different folder, coz I currently don't have ESF CD.
You can copy the ESF folder to the half-life folder in steam. If you're asking if you can copy the half-life folder to the steam folder, I'm not sure.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're asking if you can copy the half-life folder to the steam folder, I'm not sure.
No, you can't. Steam won't be able to launch it since it isn't registered.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I copied esf in steam/halflife but it is not working. Tomorow, Vejta, or my other buddy will bring me esf CD. So, now, when I d-loaded HL, bought it, everything I got to do is installing esf into steam/halflife! IS IT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom