ESF 1.3 wtf

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How come nobody it's talking about esf 1.3 anymore I havend seen a thread in a long time, I think you guys go on playing that stupid ecx , I don't know anyother explication ?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
People posted about it a lot of times at the start because it was "new" to the public. Once they have seen what the Open Beta has and all, they started to stop playing it because it didn't really much interests them because it's not complete yet. ECX is like the Open Beta, it just got released, gets popular.. Once they stop releasing patches and stuff, ecx won't get much interests anymore.

Best answers
hey even if they do stop making patches thank yourself lucky you can play them!!! i cant, i thought i had a stupid cd key but it was already in use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............sorry to change the subject but i dont know where to put this, why cant we ask for cd keys?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey even if they do stop making patches thank yourself lucky you can play them!!! i cant, i thought i had a stupid cd key but it was already in use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...............sorry to change the subject but i dont know where to put this, why cant we ask for cd keys?
You can't ask for CD-Keys because it's against the forums AUP (Acceptable User Policy). Violating the AUP results in action taken by those of moderating or higher status on these forums. I don't know about you, but most people here don't want to get banned.

Besides, most CD-Keys you can find on the internet are used, no matter how hard you look. So, spend some money and get another copy of Half-Life.

Edit

I missed the topic of the thread, I apologize.

I agree that it's been a little too quiet around here, especially regarding ESF. Most modifications go through this as well, sometimes for longer than needed periods of time. Usually people become less interested when there's little coming out from the woodwork, such as new media showing off the next version, lack of features/additions in further releases, etcetera.

Best answers
ESF 1.3 = old news. lol. + where is meh melee?!!!!!!
ECX = New news
CCI = RAW PWNAGE
lol.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF 1.3 = old news. lol. + where is meh melee?!!!!!!
ECX = New news
CCI = RAW PWNAGE
lol.
I don't get what's great about ECX, it's just ESF 1.2.3 with added characters, attacks, and little other things. The melee is the same, most of the attacks are the same, etcetera. I've never seen anyone so excited/enthusiastic about a plug-in before, but hey, that's just me.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't get what's great about ECX, it's just ESF 1.2.3 with added characters, attacks, and little other things. The melee is the same, most of the attacks are the same, etcetera. I've never seen anyone so excited/enthusiastic about a plug-in before, but hey, that's just me.
That's exactly the reason why people like it. It's 1.2.3 with a bunch of new crap thrown in. Not exactly my cup of tea, but you have to remember that this is a dbz mod, and anyone obsessed with that horrible anime wants to play as as many characters as possible, and have flashy moves and what not.

Best answers
My opnion is that ESF 1.2.3 was cool enough .All it needed was the flashy moves, which are just the same, more models, more classes, more customizability.
That's it.
Finally I get to remove BFP from my PC.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Core Compiler Interface is a Corona-Bytes.NET tool helping you to create your own characters for ECX. You are able to click through a wizard to create a basic character with serveral levels including to set up it's abilities and properities. Nevertheless this tool isn't more than a handy piece of software to teach / help you with the basics, however if you want to create a complex character, including custom transformation fx, sounds, weapons etc. you gonna end up with one of our sdk's to do it.

Best answers
I don't know why all you guys rip on ECX. As far as I'm concerned they improved the gameplay by adding things like telesense, teleport while swooping, swoop booster, and not to mention all the new characters and attacks. I admit it's not perfect, but at least it is constantly being improved because suggestions are tooken into consideration, as well as being updated once in a while.

Beta 1.3 would have by far the best gameplay, but its buggy as hell and there are no servers. Also, there hasn't been any actual news frontpage news since March, leaving everyone in the dark about the status of the game.

So you elitist jerks should stop acting all high and mighty because you for some reason reject a mod that gave the fans of DBZ exactly what they wanted. At least corona-bytes took the intiative to create something new and interesting (and a vast improvement over EVM) while everyone waits for updates that will never come.

Best answers
I'm considering why reviving a two week old thread wasn't quite necessary.

EDIT:- My 300th post... yay!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know why all you guys rip on ECX. As far as I'm concerned they improved the gameplay by adding things like telesense, teleport while swooping, swoop booster, and not to mention all the new characters and attacks. I admit it's not perfect, but at least it is constantly being improved because suggestions are tooken into consideration, as well as being updated once in a while.

Beta 1.3 would have by far the best gameplay, but its buggy as hell and there are no servers. Also, there hasn't been any actual news frontpage news since March, leaving everyone in the dark about the status of the game.

So you elitist jerks should stop acting all high and mighty because you for some reason reject a mod that gave the fans of DBZ exactly what they wanted. At least corona-bytes took the intiative to create something new and interesting (and a vast improvement over EVM) while everyone waits for updates that will never come.
So, I'm an elitist because I have an opinion? Yes, I think ECX is crap. Why? Because I don't want to play the game with 12 year old brats who only want to play it to go SSJ4, and piss and moan when I beat them down. I want to play to have fun, not to listen to that. Oh, and incase you haven't noticed, most of us aren't fans of (or in fact, we hate) DBZ. We play ESF for it's awesome gameplay, or because we have nothing better to do. Whichever one makes us feel more comfortable.

As for the frontpage, it's been stated several times that they're having issues. If you want the latest version, look here.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

ECX is alright, it's the first add on that I haven't hated. With that being said, telesense is not an improvement.

Best answers
For your information, there is no SSJ4 in RC2.
As for telesense, I think it adds a nice edge to the game. It's not easily spammable, since anyone who knows what they are doing can just pummel you.

And playing a DBZ game when you hate DBZ... well, I have nothing more to say, but I do indeed admire your persistence.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just because an ability isn't "spammable" doesn't mean it's good o.0.

Some of us liked dbz when we were young and stupid, played ESF, grew up and realized how horrible dbz was, but continued playing the game because of either how fun ESF's gameplay was, or because we enjoyed the people we played with. It has less to do with persistence and more to do with loyalty.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some people just hate the execution of DBZ, i.e the story line, characters, dialouge, visual quality, etc.

In ESF, you get to shoot energy beams from your hands that blow up citys while fighting at inhuman speeds, which is derived from the show.

How someone can not think that kind of ability is at least a tad bit awesome, is beyond me.

Best answers
I havent tried ecx so i can't say anything bad against it. But I have tried beta 1.3 which sucked, so I can imagine why the players went to ecx.

I don't play esf because i like dragonball - i play because of the fast gameplay (which most of the devs want to remove anyways).

So what I say is: I don't play for the flashy beams and eyecandy (there is none in a HL1 game no matter what people might say). I play for the fast action.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers

-> Agreed <-
I'm an "elitist" if you say so, and I dont like ECX either, but I dont cry about it.
I cant re-call anyone forcing anyone to play ECX, If you dont like it, shut-up about it, dont play it, shove it deep, do whatever you want.
Don't bull****.

Michael - 1.2.3 Isnt a speed game anymore =(
I doubt ESF will ever be a speed game anymore.
Speed Game -> Massively amount of Newbies created -> Newbie's crying -> Dev' team making the game slower and Newb-Friendly -> Pro's quit -> Community dies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom