Progression of the ESF mod

Best answers
Hello. I played ESF years back. As I recall, I quit sometime shortly after the close combat system was added (the one where people would punch/kick by hitting arrows that showed up on-screen; before that, people would just dash into each other).

Anyway, I was just searching google to see what games had DBZ mods these days, and I noticed ESF is still being updated. How much has the mod changed since then?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, not much, actually.

1.3 open beta is out though, if you want to try it out.

Best answers
Depends how you ask the question though.

The sheer hull of it hasnt changed, its still the same. Melee and all. But I suppose you didnt see the release of Evolution MOD X (EVM)
And Evolution CLass eXtension (ECX). Dont try out EVM if you haven't tried it already. Just get ECX. Adds 30 characters to the game, which are all edits to existing characters, but its well-worth it.
ESF 1.3 openbeta is the in-team version of the game which they give us once ever two weeks or so to check out. It is still very buggy and lacks a melee system. However the models and animations are good. So if you like playing with just beams, openbeta is for you.
Not many servers though.
And ECX doesnt have good bots. Just the same old ones. Meaning bots dont select new characters, just the old. And they dont go to supersaiyan levels beyond 1. Or to Perfect Cell or 100% Frieza etc etc.

I'd made a small "about" post for ECX. Check it out.
ECX lacks good models, but as always you can get them here.
Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom