the computer

Best answers
if your computer is not brilliant but ok will the game glitch from time to time, does any one's game keep jogging whilst you are playing.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
But I have ECX and it works fine on 512 :confused:
It doesn't always depends on RAM you know.. Your video card, and your processor, motherboard, etc takes a role as well.

Best answers
lol I have 1 gig Ram but only 32 mb onboard shared gfx memory. The openbeta hasnt worked at all.

Yeah not just RAM you need more o_0 :(

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I tested the Open Beta with an old 16Mb Voodoo banshee, 1gb of ram, and an athlon XP 3000+ with no issues, besides it looking like cat food.

Best answers
lol I have 1 gig Ram but only 32 mb onboard shared gfx memory. The openbeta hasnt worked at all.

Yeah not just RAM you need more o_0 :(
O boy, sounds like you have either Intel 810e, or Intel "Extreme Graphics".

Your card is even worse then a TNT2, when can only play ESF at 640x480, AND it hogs up CPU and RAM for itself. If you want help with playing ESF, PM me.

Best answers
Amen to that but for everyone do you mind explaining :D
SkyRider is talking about a balanced system, a lot of times for older game engines like this one (half-life 1) you could run it on a low end PII (in some cases a Pentium I will even work under the right circumstances, i have an old PI that could run Half-Life, although never tried it with ESF) with a half-way decent graphics card, and even 256MB Ram (in some cases) is enough to at least run the game at low settings. Experimentation is the key. Unfortunately every motherboard, processor, ram and gpu (graphic card) combination behaves differently enough that there is no written in stone "minimal" system recommended specs that are 100% accurate. Fortunately, again, this is an older game engine and that in mind, almost any system less than 5 years old should have no troubles playing the game. You should have no troubles finding a local computer resale shop with the spare parts (cheap) to make your system fly for this game.

Hope this info helps a little.

Best answers
well I got a pentium 4 2GHz & 256mb ram with 160GB of hard disk memory & an Intel Graphics Card & I play esf on its highest settings & it runs smoothly but I guess its the pentium 4 & the ghz thats helping me but i dont know...

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
well I got a pentium 4 2GHz & 256mb ram with 160GB of hard disk memory & an Intel Graphics Card & I play esf on its highest settings & it runs smoothly but I guess its the Pentium 4 & the ghz thats helping me but i dont know...
Actually the Ghz doesn't mean squat.
A Pentium M 1.4Ghz is faster, than a 2.0Ghz Pentium 4.
The Pentium 4 was a good processor while it was up against the Athlon XP, But as soon as the Athlon 64, while even running at 1.8 - 2.0Ghz would out perform a 3.0 - 3.2Ghz Pentium 4.
Its not the clock speed, but instructions per clock that it can perform, a-la the IPC, And thats where the Pentium 4 lacked, It produced allot of heat, and consumed allot of power, and under-performed compared to the competition. (The Athlon XP around 2800+ and higher was on par, or slower than the Pentium 4, until the Athlon 64 was released).

Half Life is an old game, which uses a heavily modified Quake engine, It was released in a time where the 3DFX voodoo cards reigned supreme, and Pentium's and Pentium 2's were common, and having any more than 128Mb of ram was un-heard of.

Still, ESF is a mod, it has added extra features, and in turn, that will increase the system requirements, But realistically anyone these days should be able to run it.
For instance, When I goto the local dump, to... dump crap, More often than not I see a Socket 370 board, a Pentium 3 ranging from 400 - 1200Mhz, and 256Mb of ram, And more often than not if I bring it home it still runs, which in turn I either sell, for 100 bucks, or give it away.

Best answers
well i got a 1.40 ghz with 128 mb of ram, my computer is microsoft xp's version 2002, will that be ok

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
well i got a 1.40 ghz with 128 mb of ram, my computer is microsoft xp's version 2002, will that be ok
What video card do ya have?
FInd out by going:
Start
run
type: dxdiag
click on the display tab
and tell us the "name"
and Approx. Total memory :)
but your processor and ram seem all right, as long as you don't have a heap of programs loaded into your system tray.
(To disable start-up items and gain more free memory do the following)
Start
run
type: msconfig
click the startup tab
And just click "Disable all"
press ok, and it should ask for a reboot.

Best answers
Itll work. But I recommend more RAM. I know very well how it runs on 128 MB, seeing as I played the game like that for a year till I got my 1 GB RAM.
And next time use the
Button instead of double posting :\

Best answers
uuh, Go ask a nearby computer shop for more RAM itll cost you though. But download the game. It should work with what you have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom