HalfLife 2 Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best answers
Why you only made and are making a version for HalfLife 1, don't you think the graphs are too old, ESF TEAM ou should migrate the game to HL2 engine.

Your game is awesome, you should make it evolve to a new ERA of graphs.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ESF team stated that ESF will live and die on Half Life 1.

And 1.3 is the last version tehy are making.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The HL2 engine didn't exist when ESF laid it's groundwork, so they're stuck with it. I'm surprised however that HL coding wouldn't mesh with the Source Engine. I'd have figured Valve would make converting from HL to HL2 relatively painless. If you want to see DBZ in HL2, check Dragonball: Source. Be warned the mod is very much an early alpha and is only barely playable.

The only mod I know of who's willing enough to switch engines to improve the overall game is ZEQ2, who have actually scrapped their whole Quake3 designs in favor of a stand-alone engine called Zios.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well think about it this way they stand making the hl 1 version 1.3 for 3 years and you want to make it for hl witch will take an other 3 to 5 years I don't think anyone wants to speend anymore time on the game

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
The team has used up a lot of their time to make it on the Half-Life engine, and are not wanting to create it for the Source version. Use the Search button at the top of the forums to search for more threads related to your subject. You'll learn fast enough how and why ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom