What's Going On Here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhh, no one is playing 1.3. I am guessing it's because of the release of ECX, everyone must be playing that mod, or 1.2.3. But it makes me mad that the Testing Grounds server is still not updated, it's like the server admin completely disregarded the fact that there was a new release on April the 30th, or the admin knows that no one plays the game so what's the point of updating the only server that's up 24/7. Well I would like some people to start playing, because I have been wanting to play against human players on 1.3, but on one is ever there.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Noone played the open beta since it came out. Max people at once i saw was 5.

Other than that the open beta never really was played.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When i tried 1.3 open beta, there were like 10 servers, and all full.
I had to go test it out to american server and i even played against Mf ;d
Even Esf Minion Edition had a couple of servers.

I think it's due to Ecx.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or the problem is 1.3.

But what do I know, right?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Now that people have experiences the Open Beta, they like esf v1.2.x more. While even though updates gets released every 3 weeks for the Open Beta, more bugs and features are being added and removed as well. Such as a lot of sounds and animations has been removed, for to be "re-added" in a different way later on. This drives people away ;).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Or no one likes the direction ESF is heading towards.

/obnoxiousface

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm guessing people just don't really care about updating their servers that often.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering the same thing with the servars,there ar some who think that esf 1.3 it's going to the wrong direction but i think it's going into the right direction , people only see bugs and unfinish animations, sound , bla bla ,but i see a lot of potentioal here super models super eye candy,and for those who think esf 1.3 it's going in the wrong direction well, the game isent FINISH yet

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's a beta from what i know they don't even have advanced melee yet so who knows what direction there going into. People aren't playing it becasue it's still incomplete i guess?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering the same thing with the servars,there ar some who think that esf 1.3 it's going to the wrong direction but i think it's going into the right direction , people only see bugs and unfinish animations, sound , bla bla ,but i see a lot of potentioal here super models super eye candy,and for those who think esf 1.3 it's going in the wrong direction well, the game isent FINISH yet
1.2 wasn't finished when we first said advanced melee wasn't the way to go and we were still right about it. Go figure.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are apparently a lot of people still playing 1.2.3. Check the server lists - there are plenty of dedicated servers still up, and quite a few of them are packed, some of the time.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are apparently a lot of people still playing 1.2.3. Check the server lists - there are plenty of dedicated servers still up, and quite a few of them are packed, some of the time.
Thats because 1.2.3 is STABLE whilst 1.3 isnt.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And 1.2.3 has a working Melee system. :p

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The reasons why testing grounds isn't updated is because I don't have access to the server anymore. I was just going to test it for 3 months and see how things went and if they went good I was going to keep it up but if nobody was going to test it out or come in then its just cash going down the drain. The people over at AOWC didn't shutdown the server for some reason when I didn't pay so thats why its still on the list. I'll contact them and get that rectified asap.

Best answers
I dont play the openbeta. Why? Coz I love 1.2.3 and ECX. Heck I used to play EVM, but now that stopped with the coming of ECX. Why? Well the only thing I found different in the open beta were the dash system... which seems to always crash my pc... and the cool models. But thanks to ESFW, I have all the cool models I need rigged into 1.2.3 and ECX. And not to mention the 1.3 maps and sprites :)
Well, I'll play the final build. But no more patches for me. Atleast not until they get a melee system running with decent bots.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. I only play the Open Beta for a few minutes to see what the team have done in each release and how it affects me. I also do a small bug test.

However, then I get bored and go play something else. An incomplete game doesn't compare to an equally or more awesome finished one (Eg Quake 4, The Ship or SWOS 97).

This really is because of the Open Beta system. A longer period between updates would work better so there's more for the average Joe (not the amazing PC edition) to try out and enjoy.

Best answers
I agree. I only play the Open Beta for a few minutes to see what the team have done in each release and how it affects me. I also do a small bug test.

However, then I get bored and go play something else. An incomplete game doesn't compare to an equally or more awesome finished one (Eg Quake 4, The Ship or SWOS 97).

This really is because of the Open Beta system. A longer period between updates would work better so there's more for the average Joe (not the amazing PC edition) to try out and enjoy.
The same to meh... I guess it's the melee system that bothers me.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's the first thing U said: ECX release, the people will play 1.2.3 with ECX, 'till 1.3 becomes stable.

Best answers
Lukyass is kissing up

Lukyass goes to school with me, and he told me that he is kissing your buts so one day you could let him to become a mod or even an administrator like Sky Rider.i did this only becouse he wrote that and if you guys say that it is ok but he....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom