✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
WHAT COULD IT MEAN!?!?!?!.... The mighty bench dragon? :S

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could it mean we finally have some progress on capture-the-dragonballs mode? Well at least that city map supports the game mode now. Looking good!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is no CTDB mode, it's an April Fools joke.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you say so. Besides in case you didnt notice. Its a fan submition.

I was waiting for someone to notice that. CAN YOU BELEIVE IT?!?! A fan finally submitted something! I LOVE IT!

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku's got balls, yo.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, if you look at the Dragonball on the far right, you'll notice that it's more in shadow than the others. But then again, after last year's april fools, I don't care how believable something is.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only one thing i don't like at that map: to little space(skymap).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only one thing i don't like at that map: to little space(skymap).
It's to keep lag at a minimum. The Way HL works, is it processes what it sees. So if you were able to go above the city, because so much small detail was put into it, you'd lag like a beast. So we have to put a lid on it to keep your fps good.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's to keep lag at a minimum. The Way HL works, is it processes what it sees. So if you were able to go above the city, because so much small detail was put into it, you'd lag like a beast. So we have to put a lid on it to keep your fps good.
So I don't get in on the old ESF city my fps was good but on this new esf city my fps ar to low (nvm i will sone get a new pc that will owne this one and beat Grega on esf :D)could it be because of the lack of models on the map ? when i got a lot of models on the maps (players , trees ) my fps drops

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So I don't get in on the old ESF city my fps was good but on this new esf city my fps ar to low (nvm i will sone get a new pc that will owne this one and beat Grega on esf :D)could it be because of the lack of models on the map ? when i got a lot of models on the maps (players , trees ) my fps drops
Thats because the new esf_city has about 10 times the detail the oldone had.

Each model and each face of the actuall map you see affects your FPS. Now if your computer can handle all that infromation its OK. But if it cant than you can have a big FPS drop.

Best answers
aaw.. he should've summoned shenron and then gave the screeny.... :(

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that city map is currently something to look at rather than a serious map. hopefully it gets spaced out later on.

Best answers
maybe, but as far as any city type maps out there, this one rocks as far as it being as close to the shows style, imo, so far...

besides, there is the option of fighting on the ground too, at least a change of pace, it's kind of fun to do that ONCE in a while ;)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Really I don't think it's possible to really get the DBZ feel with the HL engine. The models can only get so detailed and then the lighting makes the whole city look like a diorama. HL's lighting system sucks to the nth power. It's no wonder why they made most HL levels dark.

Best answers
Really I don't think it's possible to really get the DBZ feel with the HL engine. The models can only get so detailed and then the lighting makes the whole city look like a diorama. HL's lighting system sucks to the nth power. It's no wonder why they made most HL levels dark.
Most of the maps are dark because it was supposed to be disturbing/scary sort of. I think the team has pushed the mod really far, I gotta say I'm really impressed. Oh and the picture is nice I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom