open beta updates

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
everybody is saying:"why isn't the update done,i'm ready for the update,why is it late" and stuff like that! i find two weeks to short for an update.
i propose that the updates should be released monthly.
That way the esf team would have enough time to make and pack them.
please comment. o_O

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that the team should release the updates whenever they are ready and not a second sooner.

They said they'll release an update once every two weeks but it's not like it's a deadline that they must follow or anything...they are more or less giving us heads up on when to expect it.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
the 2 weaks thing it's to make the team to work harder on the game

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
No the 2 weeks is a guidline. If the team cant hold it in or if there is no significant update than it is extended ^^

2D/3D Artist
β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Honestly thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard =/ *no offence of course*

βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
i think its overreacting on someone who says such things and that such topics over overblown and spend to much attention on. instead of seeing the negative side of it, see it like positively , that there are poeples dieing to play the newest releases, and by that way are silencely asking for bit info....

Best answers
dont know why do you even comment that :\
they have their reasons to make updates in that period of time no one except them can say when will they relise the update
we will have to do whatever they say not whatever we want !!!

ANBU
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I think that the team should release the updates whenever they are ready and not a second sooner.

They said they'll release an update once every two weeks but it's not like it's a deadline that they must follow or anything...they are more or less giving us heads up on when to expect it.
you're wright

ESF Head Team Mapper
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ‚ Regular
Best answers
Honestly thats the stupidest thing I've ever heard =/ *no offence of course*
actually there is more public pressure now so its somewhat right

Best answers
I wouldnt mind if the updates got spread out, as long as we start to see some real feature implimentation, Instead of bugfixes.

The nerfed basic melee is the only thing stopping me from playing 1.3 regularly.

I dont really care about advanced melee, mostly because I dont think it deserves any sort of focus, as long as I'm not forced to use it, I'm fine with whatever you guys go with.

Best answers
Well, initially the idea was to just zip up whatever we have every two weeks and send it out, no matter how much was updated. But, for some reason (that I did not agree with) we decided to be nice and make update patches. Now, as a result, making the update is quite a bit of work and therefor we decided that it was not worth it for the progress we made the last 2 weeks.

Best answers
i think the updates should be released monthly.
That way the esf team would have enough time to make and pack them. :)

Best answers
I think the updates should be released monthly.
That way the esf team would have enough time to make and pack them. :)

The Doctor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Well, Guys. You gotta remember this is BETA. Aka There will be alot of bugs. Updates ain't perfect so don't say such things like "When a update is ready, not a second sooner" Because no matter how you look at it. There is no such thing as a ready update in beta.

Lost in space
Banned
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
most people dont give a **** about the bugs they just want new features added in

that being said, a fortnight is a reasonable time to set as an update schedule. not to long but not too short.

Mog

Best answers
I think the main reason we didn't get the update after 2 weeks this time is because things haven't changed enough since the last update...
So there isn't really much point going through the effort of packaging and releasing it.

Also, each time a new update comes out, some servers will still be on the previous patch.
You have updated, but the servers havent, so you end up not being able to play on those servers til' they update too.
So if not much has changed, it's probably better to they leave it a while... more servers. :)

Freelance Mappzor
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, initially the idea was to just zip up whatever we have every two weeks and send it out, no matter how much was updated. But, for some reason (that I did not agree with) we decided to be nice and make update patches. Now, as a result, making the update is quite a bit of work and therefor we decided that it was not worth it for the progress we made the last 2 weeks.
Personally i still dont see why the initial just pach it up and send it out thing was scraped. It was less time consuming than making patches. With about the same result.

Base belongs to me.
πŸ‘‘ Administrator
🌠 Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’ŽLΓ©géñdārΓ½
Best answers
All depends, doesn't it? If not "enough" features has been added, or not enough bugs to be fixed. Then what is the point of releasing something that is not worth it at that moment? With waiting another 2 weeks, you'd just get extra more bug fixes and perhaps new features as well, who knows! :)

Best answers
why not updating esf true steam, like counter strike does and other games, no need for downloading patches then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom