I don't get it. Odd problems here (1.3)

Jk

Best answers
Hey all, just decided to try out the open beta version today. got the latest full install, extracted it to my steam apps. It shows up on the menue and I can launch it.

After this things start to become wierd, I can't select anyone but the old characters. The character selection looks the same, there is no indication that there is any more transformations than before. Same animations on everything so far.

So im confused, am I playing the 1.3 beta or did my ESF mess up a bit? Is there any new charas I should be able to play? Whats going on really? :shocked:

"Edit"

After some poking about I think I found out I been playing the old ESF, trying to play the open beta nets me a message from steam saying "The game is currently unavailable. Please try again at another time"

Some help please

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That error is probably happening because of the latest Steam update. Luckily, I can help you with that. I usually only run Steam in offline mode, since I don't play online. Therefore, my Steam isn't updated. I can create a self-extractor of my Steam and give it to you, then it will probably work. If not, try reinstalling Steam altogether. Completely uninstall it, then delete everything left in the Steam folder. Then install Steam again, and Half-Life, and ESF.

Best answers
Change your game Res to 1024x768 pixels and the new menu will be shown.

Ah. I didnt see your edit... But if 1.2.3 works then the open beta should work just fine... I hear that you can have both 1.2.3 installed and 1.3 installed but I only have 1.3 installed so i dont know if its true or not.
Maybe try uninstalling 1.2.3 and makesure that under your Programs/Valve/Steam/steamapps/(your steam name)/halflife the esf_openbeta is right here : Programs/Valve/Steam/steamapps/(your steam name)/halflife/esf_openbeta and NOT Programs/Valve/Steam/steamapps/(your steam name)/halflife/ESF1.2.3/esf_openbeta.

I hope you understood that..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No you don't get it, the problem isn't just the selection screen apparently, he just played 1.2 instead of 1.3, since he probably extracted it to the wrong location. The current problem is one of Steam, not ESF.

Jk

Best answers
That error is probably happening because of the latest Steam update. Luckily, I can help you with that. I usually only run Steam in offline mode, since I don't play online. Therefore, my Steam isn't updated. I can create a self-extractor of my Steam and give it to you, then it will probably work. If not, try reinstalling Steam altogether. Completely uninstall it, then delete everything left in the Steam folder. Then install Steam again, and Half-Life, and ESF.

@ Dan
Sounds like a good idea if any, would appreciate that. Knowing my luck I'd probably end up on that second suggestion, but better try the first idea first.

@ Kasey

Hmm not really that menu I'm having issues with here. But uninstalling the old esf might do the trick, it keeps running that one instead of the open beta whenever I try using the shortcuts

Best answers
I also downloaded the latest ESF 1.3 open beta, but I seem to be missing some animations... Do I need to install the full open beta to a clean 1.2.3 or can it work on it's own?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Missing animations and lots of bugs is what the open beta is >.>

Hence the name "Open Beta"

As for your problem if it happens to me i just restart STEAM. Normally it works. If not it works in 2 days ^^

Best answers
Uhhm but they're kinda odd to be missing, since they're the punching anims! =D
forgot to tell xD

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhhm but they're kinda odd to be missing, since they're the punching anims! =D
forgot to tell xD

What do you mean odd. The open betas melee animations are about 2 animations per character (simple melee and not even all characters). The rest are not there cause advanced melee is getting thrown out.

Thats not odd. Thats normall.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea the full open beta works alone. Besides the patch is just from the previous open beta to the new one. Not from 1.2.3

1.2.3 and open beta are totaly seperate games.

Best answers
so you have two separate esf folders?
one for esf, and one for esf open beta?
and for the record, both can be on computer and run just fine (as fine as it gets anyway, lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom