new question...

Best answers
how do i launch the beta version thru steam? or how do i get my steam to identify ESF openbeta, cuz there is no .exe in the client dl O_O

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam will automatically detect any modifications, even if the modification didn't come with it's own executable file. Just open up Steam, and look under your "My Games" tab. ESF Open Beta 1.3 should be listed towards the bottom.

Best answers
i made a folder, extracted the full cilent dl and most recent patch, in my steamapps/half life folder, but it hasn't detected it at all.... it still has just esf 1.2.3

p.s : this is a stupid question, but could i take the .exe from 1.2.3 and try launching it into steam with that...?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i made a folder, extracted the full cilent dl and most recent patch, in my steamapps/half life folder, but it hasn't detected it at all.... it still has just esf 1.2.3

p.s : this is a stupid question, but could i take the .exe from 1.2.3 and try launching it into steam with that...?
Did you download the full version of ESF 1.3 Open Beta or the patch?

About your second question, I don't know if that would work.

Best answers
at first yeah, i only had the patch, but then i realized it lol, but now i have the full version and the recent patch

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't really need the patch if you download the full version of the latest ESF 1.3 Open Beta build.

Best answers
so i dont need the patch, should i delete the folder and try to re-extract back and see if steam picks it up then? O_O

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Glad to hear it got fixed, you know. You could also use the
button to edit your replies. There is no need to double post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom