some other kind of question

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
since there has always been an alpha and beta version , are you guys also making a non beta version , or are we all participants in an beta that evolving ?? if so i know enough :D thnx

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
since there has always been an alpha and beta version , are you guys also making a non beta version , or are we all participants in an beta that evolving ?? if so i know enough :D thnx
The final release of ESF 1.3 will be a non-beta release.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
v1.3 is supposed to be the Final Version. But since some problems occurred as you have already noticed a few months ago, it has been changed to "Open Beta" for now :). But as being said above, v1.3 will be the final release when the time comes.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
thnx for the full details about it

CLOSEE

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Do you know to need anything else? Or can I close the thread? :p.

Mog

Best answers
MC said:
The final release of ESF 1.3 will be a non-beta release.
I thought the current version of ESF was "ESF Beta 1.3 Open Beta (Release 4)"... or something crazy like that. :D

Well first we had ESF Alpha 1.5, ESF Alpha 1.9, ESF Alpha 2.0.
Then we had ESF Beta 1.0, ESF Beta 1.1, ESF Beta 1.2, ESF Beta 1.2.1, ESF Beta 1.2.2, ESF Beta 1.2.3.
At this point everyone was waiting (a little while... :tired:) for ESF Beta 1.3.

We now have the Open Beta unfinished release of ESF Beta 1.3?
This "Open Beta" currently gets a new public release every fortnight.

So by my reasoning, the current version should be...
"Earth's Special Forces Beta 1.3 Open Beta Release 4", or just "ESF B1.3 OB R4" ? :smile:
... and we will eventually arrive at ESF Beta 1.3 Open Beta (Final Release), or just ESF Beta 1.3. (which is still a public open release...)

So (ignoring "Open Beta" releases,) ESF will go from "ESF Beta 1.2.3" to a non-beta "ESF 1.3" ??!?
There, I hope everyone is less confused now!! o_O

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
quite right there but , because all of the fans were asking about the 1.3 version they have released a open beta wich is the version the creators play and test with, so we could actually give our thoughts and ideas about it etc etc etc

Greetings,

MEEEE

Mog

Best answers
Kama said:
ESF 1.3 will go to simply ESF
So we won't actually have 1.3 (or B1.3)? it will go straight to just "ESF" after the Open Betas?
ESF... with a version number of "1.0"?
and that will be when ESF is finally actually released! ...because so far everyone has just taken part in a very very long beta testing period. :D

So how about the current versions; the "Open Beta" releases? how do we refer to each different release?
"ESF B1.3 OB R4" just sounds wrong now. ;D

I guess they will still be known as something like: "the Open Beta that was released on 18th Feb '07"...
and likely written with a date like "2-18-07", which makes no sense to a lot of people on this forum. :rolleyes:

Mog

Best answers
It doesn't matter much really... but I have a lot of different versions of ESF installed on Steam.
To make all the different versions work without constantly moving/renaming, I have to give each one a unique folder name and game title.

It's also a bit difficult to say something about a specific previous Open Beta release too.
You either have to:
- explain which date that version was released
- say how many patches ago it was
- count the number of releases...

Using a date is complicated because there are lots of people from different countries on this forum.
I, as an english person, would use 18-2-07 as the date for the current release... this isn't too much of a problem at the moment.
An american would know there is no 18th month, and a japanese person wouldn't think it meant the year 2018 either, but other dates get a lot more confusing.

But it's easy to say something about ESF B1.2.1... simply because it had a name. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom