How to Install 1.3

Best answers
Hi im having a prob downloading 1.3..yes i have read the file that gman sended and stuff but when i try to download it finishes right away then i try to launch it and it says it it needs to know what program created it and stuff people say run it thorugh steam but how? i dont know how to do that i dont have a file i got into widows start go to steam and it only shows my games on it and steam itself a little help plz guys thanks if you help out:]

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
ESF will NOT work with any game other than Half-Life 1

1. Download Steam.

2. Run the .exe file you just downloaded to install Steam and let it update completely. You will need your CD-Key from the back of your Half-Life 1 case.

3. When Steam is finished updating, turn it on.

4. Under the "Games" selection in the Steam toolbar, select "Activate a product on Steam..." and input your CD-Key.

5. Once your CD-Key is authenticated, download Half-Life 1 from Steam and let it update completely.

6. Once that is done, run Half-Life 1 once.
You could also read this F.A.Q.

First, you need a program to open ZIP Files, Windows XP already has that standard. The file z7 format. so you need 7-zip to extract it (http://www.7-zip.org/). WinRar is also recommended. Once you opened the file, then all you have to do is to extract it to your half-life folder, example below:

/steam/steamapps/username/half-life/

Once you done that, simply restart Steam or boot steam up if not already done so and you'll see "Earth's Special Forces Open Beta" in the game list.

Best answers
ok

ok but i installed steam a long time ago what do u mean do i find out what i used to download this or how do i find exe file?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Download the Open Beta, open it with WinRAR and extract is to:

/steam/steamapps/username/half-life/

Launch Steam, and you'll see "Earth's Special Forces Open Beta" in the game list.

Best answers
didnt work

i did everything you said and i extracted it to the half life folder but it still isnt on my games list;(;/

Best answers
re:

i used win thingy as you said extracted it to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\(my username)\half-life and then restarted steam but it still hasnt worked

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i used win thingy as you said extracted it to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\(my username)\half-life and then restarted steam but it still hasnt worked
Make sure that you extracted the files to their own folder within your Half-Life folder and that you downloaded the full version of ESF.

Best answers
re:

oh so you put in the esf folder within half life foloder but wich mini folder in the esf within the half life folder do i put it in models addons wich one?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
oh so you put in the esf folder within half life foloder but wich mini folder in the esf within the half life folder do i put it in models addons wich one?
The ESF Open Beta needs to be extracted to it's own folder, not in the ESF 1.2.3 folder. As for where you place custom models, place them within your "models" folder.

Best answers
re:

ohhh so you make a new folder within the halflife folder and name is esf BETA and put it in there?

Best answers
re:

aww man iv done that i mde a folder inside the half life folder and put the download called esf_openbeta_2_04_07.torrent inside it and restarted steam and god kill me it isnt on my game list lol mi might as well amake a spirit bomb and kill myself.O_O

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
aww man iv done that i mde a folder inside the half life folder and put the download called esf_openbeta_2_04_07.torrent inside it and restarted steam and god kill me it isnt on my game list lol mi might as well amake a spirit bomb and kill myself.O_O
I see what your problem is, you downloaded the wrong file. Torrent files basically contain data of where the actual file can be downloaded, which a torrent program can locate the file or files and download them. Try downloading ESF from this site:

http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/;75633

Best answers
THANK YOU

THANK YOU SO MUCH MAN IV FIANLLY THINK ITS GONNA WORK... ill tell you if i need more information so i jsut do the exactly same thing i did last time of what you told me oh and thanks again i deeply appreciate it:] :) ;) :tired: :talk: :laff: :fight:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom