ESF 1.3 Does not work for me please help

Best answers
Could you please help me fix it because ive tried almost everything..
when i click 2 go on 2 "LAN Game" and create a game when it loads it does not load.. this comes up on the loading screen:

Host_error:Dispatch usermsg: illegal user msg 128

Please keep in mind im not using steam enymore so i have to use the normal one with no internet thats y i have to use LAN because i have forgotten my account with my cd key on it so i cannot make another one.. also could enyone suggest on how to get it back? i remember nothing of it besides the password..because i stopped playing esf about a year ago.. and i came to realise the ESF Open Beta was released so i really wanted to start playing ESF again!

Please help Thanks:yes:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You need STEAM to run Half-Life.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could you please help me fix it because ive tried almost everything..
when i click 2 go on 2 "LAN Game" and create a game when it loads it does not load.. this comes up on the loading screen:

Host_error:Dispatch usermsg: illegal user msg 128

Please keep in mind im not using steam enymore so i have to use the normal one with no internet thats y i have to use LAN because i have forgotten my account with my cd key on it so i cannot make another one.. also could enyone suggest on how to get it back? i remember nothing of it besides the password..because i stopped playing esf about a year ago.. and i came to realise the ESF Open Beta was released so i really wanted to start playing ESF again!

Please help Thanks:yes:
Reinstall Steam and wait for it to update to the latest build. Once you're at the login screen, there will be a button at the bottom titled "Retrieve a lost account...", click that. Now, there should be two options to chose from, one being "I don't know my account name" and the other "I know my account name". Since you stated that you only know your password, select "I don't know my account name" and hit "Next". Just enter the e-mail address that your account is registered to (that's if you are still using the same e-mail address), and an e-mail will be sent to you with your username.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
He is using WON, hence he got that error.

ESF will NOT work with any game other than Half-Life 1

1. Download Steam.

2. Run the .exe file you just downloaded to install Steam and let it update completely. You will need your CD-Key from the back of your Half-Life 1 case.

3. When Steam is finished updating, turn it on.

4. Under the "Games" selection in the Steam toolbar, select "Activate a product on Steam..." and input your CD-Key.

5. Once your CD-Key is authenticated, download Half-Life 1 from Steam and let it update completely.

6. Once that is done, run Half-Life 1 once.
Then install the Open Beta.

Best answers
I can't play it either, at least not 1.3. Everytime I press the powerup button(e) Then it quits just like that.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I can't play it either, at least not 1.3. Everytime I press the powerup button(e) Then it quits just like that.
I assume you do use Steam?

Best answers
Thanks for all ur help i now no what i need to do.. at the moment im tryna get ma account back from giving my cd key but i havent recieved an email yet :S i cannot use my email address because ive already used it for a new account i made the other day when i realised i had forgotten my old one! so i tried to get it bk by typing my email in to recieve my lost account i instantly got my details for my other useless account..so im f**ked really.. btw if ur confused my old account had my cd key etc.. so i need that one back!! eny ideas? :S i might just go buy myself another version of half life seems alot easier!! thanks for ur help enyway

EDIT

i cant get hold of another copy of Half-Life!! what can i do? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Thanks for all ur help i now no what i need to do.. at the moment im tryna get ma account back from giving my cd key but i havent recieved an email yet :S i cannot use my email address because ive already used it for a new account i made the other day when i realised i had forgotten my old one! so i tried to get it bk by typing my email in to recieve my lost account i instantly got my details for my other useless account..so im f**ked really.. btw if ur confused my old account had my cd key etc.. so i need that one back!! eny ideas? :S i might just go buy myself another version of half life seems alot easier!! thanks for ur help enyway

EDIT

i cant get hold of another copy of Half-Life!! what can i do? heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp.
Buy a new copy through Steam? If not, perhaps you should attempt to search for the game in local stores in or around your area.

I use STEAM, I have legal copy of hl. I have all I need but I still don't understand why it keeps quitting on me.
Try to re-install ESF Open Beta.

Best answers
Buy a new copy through Steam? If not, perhaps you should attempt to search for the game in local stores in or around your area.

i tried that today..there is no more versions of half life in my area..the game is too old i surpose...but im not giving up lol

btw how do i buy a new copy through steam?
thanks

EDIT
i am about to buy my version of half-life through steam cheers for your help i really appricicate it =)

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
No problem. Glad you decided to buy the original, now you can play many many Half-Life mods ;). If you have any questions still regarding Earth's Special Forces, don't be afraid to ask them.

Mog

Best answers
you could have just installed esf on counter-strike if you had the retail cd of it, instead of buying a second copy of half-life...
either that, or you could have got your half-life cd key back from windows registry and then activated it on steam... oh well, too late now anyway. :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom