Spunky's ESF CVAR Editor!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
About:
This program was designed to aid in the process of balancing ESF. It is designed for the less experienced user in mind, but can be used by anybody to quicken the process of editing CVARs in ESF 1.3 (Open Beta).

Installation:
- Extract executable file to esf_openbeta directory.

Use:
- Simply follow onscreen instructions. The program will do most of the work for you. However, if you decide to change a value, be sure to go through the <class>_cvar.cfg file for that character, removing any lines that appear more than once.

Thanks for using SECE!

- Spunky
Please keep bugs/suggestions in this thread. Keep in mind that this program was designed to aid the Open Beta process, and should not simply be used to gain an advantage over other players in your own server.

Download (v1.0.0.0):
http://www.oobies.org/misc/sece.zip

(Thanks to Phobius & Smith| for hosting!)

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you type the "exit" command (or anything outside of the selections) the screen starts scrolling forever.

Other than that, this is a really cool program.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you type the "exit" command (or anything outside of the selections) the screen starts scrolling forever.
O.O I'll try to fix that.

Edit: Found the problem, but I don't know if it can be fixed without rewriting an assload of code. I hate being lazy! >_<

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haven't tried it, but nice, way to go :) Something like this should prove to be very useful for getting things balanced out.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right now theres over 300 cvars for character speed, transpl, base pl and a lot of other things what this will do is instead of writing down every cvar you want to use specifically for your you can run this program and just type in the value you want. Its pretty handy to have if you don't know anything about cvars and being a server admin.

Best answers
ohh ok.. tnx for the info man (btw - when does the next update gonna be released?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When it's done.

Heh, I've always wanted to say that.
When it's done? Excuse me, but how can a snapshot be done? You just need to compile it and upload it, that's what a snapshot is. And the team said it was going to be released every two weeks, so I'm betting it's coming out today.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When it's done? Excuse me, but how can a snapshot be done? You just need to compile it and upload it, that's what a snapshot is. And the team said it was going to be released every two weeks, so I'm betting it's coming out today.
Maybe you're in the wrong thread? I'm not talking about ESF here dude.

Best answers
You're not talking about ESF in an ESF forum? Maybe you're in the wrong place mate

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're not talking about ESF in an ESF forum? Maybe you're in the wrong place mate
No, I'm in the right place. I simply mean that this thread is related to my program, not to ESF (unless you think of it in the sense that my program is related to ESF...). So yeah, stop spamming my thread please?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think it's time we drop the argument, if there was any ground to start one... anyway.

There is no reason to carry on over a misunderstanding. :]

I'll be watching.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
v1.0.1.0 Released!

Changelog:
Code:
v1.0.1.0 (2/05/07)

Changes/Fixes:
- Changed the way the program executes. It will now check for the first program execution. If it is the first execution, the program will generate the autoexec.cfg file (or edit, if it already exists), saving the user tedious work. If it isn't the first execution, the program will execute normally.
- Exit option added to main menu, to avoid the infamous "infinite scrolling as a result of the exit command" bug.
- Multiple instances of the program can no longer be run, avoiding confliction between multiple instances reading/writing to the same file simultaneously.
*IMPORTANT!*
Previous versions of SECE must be uninstalled for the new version to function correctly. Instructions for doing so are included in the Readme.

Download:
http://www.oobies.org/misc/SECE_1010.zip
http://halflife2.filefront.com/file/;75738

Mog

Best answers
Not bad... only 509 more cvars to go!! :laff:
I'll just rely on knowing all 928 cvars off the top of my head anyway for now. :smile:

It might help people if you edit your original post to change your link to the newer version.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not bad... only 509 more cvars to go!! :laff:
I'll just rely on knowing all 928 cvars off the top of my head anyway for now. :smile:

It might help people if you edit your original post to change your link to the newer version.
Nah, I think they're smart enough to scroll down. ^_^

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Mind if I mirror this on HL2Files? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom