is it possible?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to disable certain character classes, such as ginyu?

im getting tired of idiots going on to the server just so they can make millions of clones just to crash it, so are you able to disable it?

Mog

Best answers
As far as I know there isn't a proper way to disable character classes...
You probably already know that you can use mp_characterlimit "1" or other value to limit how many people can use each character.
That's not very useful, but you could try to make sure the only person allowed to use ginyu isn't an idiot.

BUT...BE CREATIVE! there are other ways to do things than the proper way! :D
Heres one I like:

class_ginyu_start_hp "1"
class_ginyu_start_pl "1"

That's it, just two lines... then put a note in your server welcome message saying people aren't allowed to use ginyu in this version.
You should be able to tell how it works... plus it will be funny watching n00bs that didn't read the server welcome message!! :laff:

My original idea was just to set his start hp to "0"... DON'T TRY IT!
That will just make the server crash as soon as anyone spawns as Ginyu, or crash straight away if Ginyu's already there... which kinda defeats the purpose! :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope that helps. :smile:

Best answers
the esf1.3 open beta is a bug bag meny meny bugs are in there when it will fix everything just cureos :rolleyes:

Mog

Best answers
Are you saying my sugestion is a bug? (or are you just posting something completely off topic?)

Well it works because that is supposed to happen, not because of a bug...

When your HP is less than 5(?), your PL decreases.
When your PL reaches 0, you die.
So if you start with HP=1 PL=1, your PL will decrease to 0 instantly, thus making you die.

EDIT: wait, I think I know what you meant now, you were talking about Ginyu's moves... oops, oh well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom