SZ_GetSpace: overflow on SVC_RuleInfo

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well,I tried to set up a dedicated server for the openbeta of jan 20th '07 but with no luck. The Server itself runs fine, the problem is everytime I try to connect to it I get SZ_GetSpace: overflow on SVC_RuleInfo spamage in my console. I'm running it on linux without Metamod or AMXX. This Error only occurs with the newest build.

Any Ideas ?

*edit: Seems to be caused by cvars somehow, but still no fix
*edit 2: Seems to becaused by too many cvars !?
=> how to block them then: maye NSV plugin for MM ?
*edit 3: NSV ( NoSeeVar ) could probably fix it, but de facto can't because the current build of NSV doesn't work with Metamod-P 1.19p28 which is the only MM that works with the openbeta.

Best answers
I have the same error in my build, I think it's because of the tons of cvars Ready added. For now, just ignore it, it will be gone in the final build.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can confirm that by now, I'm sure it's because of the more than 600 cvars ! ;-) hope it will be fixed by the next release, if you don'T wanna remove those cvars at least hide them, so it won't cause such problems :)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
nah I dont think its the vars fault, the original hl sdk had way more variables then the ones I added .. judging by the look of commented out blocks in those files. :p

Best answers
The uncommented ones are not registered as serverside cvars, just single player cvars.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
indeed, the "error" is just caused by the ones which are publicly accessible. Try to view one of the new openbeta servers with hlsw ;-)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
naah that must be a bug within hlst ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom