New music for ESF...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is pretty old, but I found it on my webspace for when I was going to do music for the next ESF beta. Though that was years ago, we still haven't seen the new game yet, but we're in open beta now, so I figured I would put it out here for anyone who wants to use it.

It was written to go with the gameplay, and the instrumentation is all similar in styling to the American DBZ soundtrack, which is what I looked to for inspiration.

Also, like any of my ESF songs, it's incomplete--as noted by the lack of guitar in it.

http://home.comcast.net/~rockerforcexv/ESF_DesperateMinute.mp3

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
the sequencer samples sounds too much like a midi file but the melody is kind of cool :)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like an old genesis game. Like...Contra boss music o_O.

Best answers
I didn't say it was a bad thing D;. It's well known that Pride and I are doom fans.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds like an old genesis game. Like...Contra boss music o_O.
I just loved Genesis music, especially Phantasy Star 4 music. I'm getting it now so I hope you're right, Zeo.

EDIT: ZOMG THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!! Sounds just like the fight with the Profound Darkness lvl 3 in Phantasy Star, only better.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It really is meant to be more for the game then anything else. Listening to it and playing ESF to it are two different animals entirely. If I recall, I had many better songs made for ESF but since I've gotten this new computer many of them probably fell through the cracks. I remember a lot of them, though; I could probably remake them.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do so, man. We need good music for a change o_O. The music in 1.1 actually wasn't that bad, but I don't like the 1.2 stuff.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I love classic midis... I can feel the old cartidges in my hand.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do so, man. We need good music for a change o_O. The music in 1.1 actually wasn't that bad, but I don't like the 1.2 stuff.
Yeah, the 1.1. songs, esf1.mp3 etc. were great, I still use them. They were made by you guys, right?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To be honest, it reminds Doom in a good way, but i don't think that kind of music fits to esf, it's gotta be more like you know, skate-punk or Trance?
Like the faulty and rusticated, though it could have some neat guitar solo's :)
...Or some fast paced Trance music with hardcore drumbeat, or some melodic eurodance style, or even Parapara could fit esf. That song just wouldn't work in it, atleast i wouldn't get the chills about it, more like getting more pissed off , if i'd be in a bad mood already.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is pretty old, but I found it on my webspace for when I was going to do music for the next ESF beta. Though that was years ago, we still haven't seen the new game yet, but we're in open beta now, so I figured I would put it out here for anyone who wants to use it.

It was written to go with the gameplay, and the instrumentation is all similar in styling to the American DBZ soundtrack, which is what I looked to for inspiration.

Also, like any of my ESF songs, it's incomplete--as noted by the lack of guitar in it.

http://home.comcast.net/~rockerforcexv/ESF_DesperateMinute.mp3
That's a really good song. I have to agree with the majority on here that it sounds like it came from Doom, but it's still a good song.

What did you make the song in?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I think it sounds way to midi-ish to fit in with ESF's quality. At least get a band or something to make the music.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I think it sounds way to midi-ish to fit in with ESF's quality. At least get a band or something to make the music.

Original ESF sonds are the ones titles esf 1 to 9

You should listen to them. They were made by the ESF team. The others were more like donated to the mod if im not mistaken ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom