Spawn \o/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I made this for my guitar friend Kevin lol, C&C. :cool:

Best answers
Gah...I don't really like this sig soz :(. The use of colour really isnt my taste. The figures don't suit the colours as well. Soz dude, but i'm not impressed.

4/10

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's too bright, and the text is terrible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why the artwork forum is dead. No more ****ing helpful comments.

Best answers
How exactly is that not helpful??? They are focusing on the negative points so that you would do better next time and the errors wouldn't happen again, so tell me: How exactly aren't comments like those helpful?

What is your definition of a "crit"? "OH I WOULD BE HONEST BUT SINCE I WANT TO BE SUPER POLITE I'LL GIVE YOU 999999/10"???

It's for your best, not the worse, trust me.

Now, it's very different if they say: "ZOMG DAT SUX0RZ", "U ****IN SUCK ASS", "BLAM THIS PIECE OF ****", "PLEASE DIE" etc... THAT would be wrong. But all they did is criticize the negative aspects of the sig so that you wouldn't make the same mistakes again.

Yes, I have to agree, it's too bright. If you want to make it bright, don't focus the most bright part on the bottom.

I don't see why is the font so terrible or awful, but meh... I guess it's kinda simple. Nice try tho. :p

I'd give it 6/10.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Spawn doesn't exactly scream Bright Blue.

I would say change the bright color to something more dark red-ish. The sig itself looks well made, but it's the bright blue that hurts it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is why the artwork forum is dead. No more ****ing helpful comments.
- ???

Is that because my reply was bad?

The signature isn't good in my opinion.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Lith, you guys could say more than "it sucks"

My opinion on it is that it the lighting makes the sig look lower quality.

When I think of Spawn, it's not a huge supernova forming below him, it's dark and shadows.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why don't you try adding a color balance layer above it all and fiddling with the colors? Quick and easy way to change the entire look of the sig. Also, the text has a weird placement in comparison to the stock picture used. I think pulling it down to the middle and enlarging it (also some brushing and whatnot) would really help this sig.

Can I try adding a color balance layer to it?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bluish color needs to be turned green. Spawn doesn't shoot too many kames. Spawn and all things Spawn tend to be dark and grungy, so you'll definately want to make that light a little less bright.

The typewriter font doesn't really match the Spawn theme, and neither does the color.

Best answers

When I think of Spawn, it's not a huge supernova forming below him, it's dark and shadows.
*sigh*... dude... not everything is roses and lillies, they gotta be a bit harsh so he wouldn't make the same mistake(s) again! And they DID explain why they didn't like it, they pointed out the bad things. That's good for him. I mean, ok, truth hurts. And yes, they might have as well said something positive about the sig, but it's still help if they crit as they did.

Furthermore, they said "it sucks". But they also said "It sucks because of this and that...".

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol just add a border, i actually like it lool

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bluish color needs to be turned green. Spawn doesn't shoot too many kames. Spawn and all things Spawn tend to be dark and grungy, so you'll definately want to make that light a little less bright.

The typewriter font doesn't really match the Spawn theme, and neither does the color.
Why don't you try adding a color balance layer above it all and fiddling with the colors? Quick and easy way to change the entire look of the sig. Also, the text has a weird placement in comparison to the stock picture used. I think pulling it down to the middle and enlarging it (also some brushing and whatnot) would really help this sig.

Can I try adding a color balance layer to it?

Spawn doesn't exactly scream Bright Blue.

I would say change the bright color to something more dark red-ish. The sig itself looks well made, but it's the bright blue that hurts it.
All these comments right above, are very helpful to improve on my next one, i'll make a second version of Spawn.

What is your definition of a "crit"? "OH I WOULD BE HONEST BUT SINCE I WANT TO BE SUPER POLITE I'LL GIVE YOU 999999/10"???
Last time I checked, I didn't ask for a rating or a grade. I asked for critiques, not lame ass comments.

- ???

Is that because my reply was bad?

The signature isn't good in my opinion.
You basically said the signature sucked. You never said anything to improve it, and the text is like a watermark, it doesn't really have to blend with the signature but if I wanted to add like the "Spawn" type text, I would have put in there too. I don't like big text on here so I try to make a small visible one so it doesn't ruin it all the way.

@Origin yeah you can use a color balance on it if you want, I don't mind at all .

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have to completely agree with Lith.

If this section is going to shine, your reply has to be more than "this and that sucks, try something else" and more about actually explained changes, that you feel are needed.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just an FYI: I said use green because that is indeed the color of Spawns energy vs. Kains suggestion to make it dark red which would only be used for cosmetic reasons.

I actually had a sig exactly like that, cut up exactly the same way and everything, but the colors were really vibrant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here.. It's only a 2 layer difference but it ends up looking a lot more comic-y. I couldn't do that much more without the .psd, but you get my point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
8/10 now, it's looks much better.

But the text is just alone, out casted from everything else.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lol how about you rate his sig? :p

I just asked permission to edit it in order to make a point.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay then.

Coming away from not elaborating enough, the light source screws around with Spawn too much, Spawn is a darker character, and the bright color doesn't fit the signature well, maybe black would be better to replace it, or no light source at all, because it makes the render's quality decrease, and the text is just basically out casted from everything else, and the focal point isn't as defined as it should be.

Best answers
I have to completely agree with Lith.

If this section is going to shine, your reply has to be more than "this and that sucks, try something else" and more about actually explained changes, that you feel are needed.
Ok this pixel right here should be red, the one next to it should be brown... gimme a break man, it's better if he gets hints of about what to do instead of following the exact requests. THAT way, his work is 100% original, unique, and most importantly, HIS!

Or am I wrong? o_O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom