ESF

Best answers
First of all I quess I say hi because I'm new :) I'd like to know do I need half-life or half-life 2 to play ESF? And sorry if I put this thread to a wrong section :rolleyes:

Best answers
Hey!!! Welcome to the ESF Forums woo0o0o!! Another newbie!! Hallooww :) :), makes me happy to see new ppl join these forums.

And you need Half-Life 1 in order to play ESF since ESF is a Half-Life 1 Modification >_>, good luck from there. Also, you need Steam....just wanted to cover that.

-GuZzie

Best answers
Half-life 1? Great, thanks :) I've heard from that steam thingy, what is it??

Best answers
Gosh......here we go.

Alright, basically Steam is a program which allows you to play games like Half-Life, Counter Strike, Half-Life 2, Day of Defeat etc etc. But in order to play a specific game you have to buy it right. [ Lets not go cheeky ]

After you've bought the game you'll get a specific serial number don't lose it.
Once you've made a Steam Account activate Half-Life 1 using that serial. This will enable you to play Half-Life 1, from Half-Life 1 comes its modifications such as Earths Special Forces, Natural Selection and so on.

To download Steam, just go here:
www.steampowered.com

Just look around for the download link, but let me repeat myself, you must buy half-life there is no other way. There are 2 ways of getting half-life

1) Through stores
2) Through Steam.

Since Half-Life 1 is SUCH and OLDDDD GAME, I highly doubt it you'll be able to see it in the shops, but have a look anyway. :)

-GuZzie

Best answers
Ok... Thanks from all of that, my friend is gonna sell his Half-life 1 so I decided to ask these things xD Well, thanks again :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok... Thanks from all of that, my friend is gonna sell his Half-life 1 so I decided to ask these things xD Well, thanks again :)
If hes selling the CD make sure you get the account with it. If he ussed his key already than that makes the CD trash ^^

Best answers
Exactly!! Your friend could be tricking you dude. Ask him this-

" Whats your steam account name + Password "

That phrase that I just wrote...you want that. To be honest, who cares about half-life when you have a Steam Account which has half-life activated on it. With a steam acc activated with half-life 1, you could be anywhere in the world and play half-life and its mod, you get me??

So don't get fooled mate, you want that steam acc. Btw, don't pay for that $15 for the acc if its just Half-Life, its only $9.95 here >_>

-GuZzie

Best answers
He has been 5 years my friend, he just came in school and asked from me that do I want to buy Half-Life 1.. I'll ask that account and password thingy from him too, thanks again.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Buy it only if it's ORIGINAL. A pirated copy will not work with Steam. Remember that. There's absolutely no way around it. Absolutely impossible to get around getting a valid copy of Half-Life. And it's much easier buying it through Steam. That way you don't have to enter your key or anything, Steam automatiacally authenticates your account as the owner of Half-Life 1. Then you can download.

Best answers
I've seen it, it's not pirate.. I don't know from that stream, my mom maybe wont let me buy it from there.... xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well ask her, or buy it from your friend, do what you want. Just make sure it's valid and everything will be ok. No wisdom required.

Best answers
DONT BUY HALF-LIFE

BUY A STEAM ACCOUNT WITH HALF-LIFE ACTIVATED ON IT

Dude, buy that from your friend, your getting mixed up.

-GuZzie

Best answers
From that Steam.. I try to open SteamInstall, but it says like this "Could not initialize installation. File size expected=725262, size returned=162060" :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe the guy didn't make an account. Maybe he did and didn't tell you. Maybe he entered his cd key into his account already and is trying to rip you off by making you buy the CD. Think about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom