help anyone...?

Best answers
hey im havin trouble with the custom models thing i dont know how to get a custom model to appear on the character selection screen or anythin i tried pcjoe's tut but sum reason it didnt work....if anyone would like to help on what i do?o_O

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey im havin trouble with the custom models thing i dont know how to get a custom model to appear on the character selection screen or anythin i tried pcjoe's tut but sum reason it didnt work....if anyone would like to help on what i do?o_O
Thats not a tut ^^

Thats an example ^^

Besides custom models are a bit buggy XD Last (only) one i tryed had all the animations screwd up XD

When i was walking forward he was swiming back. While flying it was simple melee blow down XD
Stuff like that XD

But as Joe said.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] With the new custom model system, you can download multiple models while keeping your original in tact. The procedure is fairly simple. ESF Beta 1.3 will have a new folder called ?custom? in the models/player directory. Inside of this directory, you can create a new folder with the name with the class of the model you want to replace. If you want to make a goku replacement, you would create a ?goku? folder. Inside of this folder, you make a new folder for your custom model. The name of the folder should be fairly simple, as it will not be the name displayed in the vgui. For the sake of simplicity, lets name this folder ?brolly?. Now we?re at models/player/custom/goku/brolly. At this point, you create a info.xml file defining the name of your custom model, and what models of the original player you?re replacing. The custom models will also be placed in this directory. Here?s an example of an info.xml file

<custom name="Brolly">
<replace original="goku" replace="brolly"/>
<replace original="ssjgoku" replace="brollyssj"/>
</custom>

In this case, Goku?s normal and ssj model will be replaced with brolly ssj models. Goku?s ssj2 and ssj3 models will remain unchanged. The brolly directory contains a total of 3 files
info.xml
brolly.mdl
brollyssj.mdl
[/FONT]
Thats the important part. You can learn everything from there (i did ^_^)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah basically it wont be perfect cause you'll need to match the custom model's animations to the new 1.3 animations and order, not too hard to do but you do need to add around 9 new animations...I think...

Other wise you just do what Pcjoe mentioned in his example, if you are wondering how to create the XML file just create a TXT file, write down the code and at the end save it and change the file name to info.xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom