Future of Earths Special Forces.

Best answers
So what's the future for ESF??? Are you guys just going to release the 1.3 and finish the project?? The reason i'm asking this is because it would be sad if everything just came to an end, perhaps you guys could hand over the project to another group in the community who are keen into improving the game or such. Anyways, I'll miss the good ESF times :).

-GuZzie

Best answers
damn .. i hope they dont shut down esf like that.. i know i am not regular in the boards.. but sure i m regular in the game.. love the game.. even tried the beta version.. seemed awesome.. the new goku model was totally awesome..but ther was pretty much work left..so i really enjoyed this game.. and i agree wit guzzie tat if ur leavin this project afta 1.3 can u pls hand it over to some other capable group??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So what's the future for ESF??? Are you guys just going to release the 1.3 and finish the project?? The reason i'm asking this is because it would be sad if everything just came to an end, perhaps you guys could hand over the project to another group in the community who are keen into improving the game or such. Anyways, I'll miss the good ESF times :).

-Some Loser who signs his posts
After we release our final 1.3 build, ESF will close it's doors. The site will stay up with open forums of course, but no further development will occur. And we will not be handing it off to another team.

Sorry guys, but better it lives, and dies, in the hands of it's original creators.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
After we release our final 1.3 build, ESF will close it's doors. The site will stay up with open forums of course, but no further development will occur. And we will not be handing it off to another team.

Sorry guys, but better it lives, and dies, in the hands of it's original creators.
Rofl I love you. <3 <3

What about patches. Will there be any? If needed?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Some minor fixes maybe. But other than that, unlikely.

Discord Member
Best answers
So 1,3 will be your last breath..........to bad im going to miss all this :(
Ah well.......1,3 aint still finished so lets enjoy what time we got left :)

Best answers
Did anyone actually think esf was going to live forever?

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The Supreme God Emperor of the Verse does.

I'm kind of happy ESF is ready to retire. It and we have all had a good run, but it's better it take a dirt nap before something really horrible goes wrong, causing everyone to think, "Wtf?" I'm happy that at least in the end, everyone came together to support the mod in this last effort to bring freedom to William Wallace.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The guy who made the alpha versions of ESF. He was captured during WW2, and the dev team was told that if they can produce 1.3, he'd be freed from his vampiric masters.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What I don't get is, if this is the final version, why not name it V1.0? since its technically not going to be the beta, but the finished project?

the open beta i see can be called 1.3, but when its completed it should be ESF v1.0 not ESF Beta1.3

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Why do you think this is called "Open Beta", and not "v1.3 Open Beta"? In the end, I highly doubt it would be called "v1.3", because the game won't be a beta anymore. There for, the "v1.3" would automatic drop away, so you'll just see "Earth's Special Forces".

Best answers
Lol, Michael, William Wallace was a Scottish guy defending his country at war. Nothing to do with was Zeonix said :)

Kama, you make me laugh :)

With the topic = Sad, sad, sad, sad. Makes me cry to hear that ESF is going...to stop, gawd i'll miss it. But we can do a favour and play your game to the fullest :).

-GuZzie --- Macro FTW ---

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Well, Guzzie. The team also has a life. (as far as I know anyway :p). Besides that, why would the team go on if there is nothing to be needed to be added? once it is released, the game would be fully developed.

Best answers
Let's hope the final developed version wont be worse than the betas then.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now here's a fact. ESF is NOT going to die. It's going to stop being developed. Every once in a while, something that is perfect can't get more perfect so there's just no point in releasing a new version. But it won't die after it's released. It will die when no one else posts on the forums, when mods for it stop coming out, when no one else is playing it, and I see that happening in around 5 years. So don't worry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom