ESF 1.3 Flash Tutorial.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Is it possible that the first release of 1.3 will have included a little flash tutorial like 1.1 had? Because I know when I first played ESF 1.2, I was owned, didn't know a thing about the game, melee and stuff. I bet 1.3 will have even more changes, so will someone make a tut? Thanks.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This isn't the "final" release so theres probably going to be even some more stuff added who knows. So probably at this time there might be instructions on how to do things in the sub forum or whatever is being planned to handle the open beta questions/bugs.

If you need help join IRC at irc.gamesurge.net and join #esf-help that is the official help channel of ESF and ask your question in there when the time does arrive. Remember do not "idle" in #esf-help you will just be kicked out after a duration of minutes if your not talking.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, but if you know anything about it, please PM me. Just tell me why, I won't get pissed.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I thought 1.3 IS going to be the final release. They're going to release more versions?
No. ESF 1.3 is the last release, but what they're releasing is testing versions of ESF 1.3. So, what the community is getting is not the final build of ESF 1.3, just the testing version.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I dont want to dissapoint you much but,
1.3 isnt going to be THAT different from 1.2.? ..

and to be honest, the "Pro-Gaming" in ESF is always going to stay the same.
even if they did add more "eye-candy functions" to attract more noobies.
It wont matter to you atall, since in actual 1v1's or official matches.
everything is pre-determined and rules will be same for each country.
thus most used melee will still be 1.1 basic melee, they might change it abit but it will be the same for us..
after 2 days of getting used to the new features youll be as good as you were at 1.2

<-- my opinion :p!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

thus most used melee will still be 1.1 basic melee, they might change it abit but it will be the same for us..
after 2 days of getting used to the new features youll be as good as you were at 1.2

Yes, ESF 1.3 will be much different than ESF 1.2. The whole melee system is being reworked, new models, FX system, buddy system, and so on. Besides, you can't say anything yet until you've tried it, and as cliche as that sounds on these forums, it's something to stick by.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

A "pro" doesn't use the same tactics from an outdated version just because they worked long ago. A "pro" learns to adapt, and uses what is given to him. Trust me when I say you're going to have to do quite a bit of adapting in 1.3.

Xenon

X
*Attempts to get the thread back on topic*

Just wait until the final release. I'm sure someone will have a tutorial out by then, or several.

Best answers
+ i suggested this about the flash thing but i was only refering to the new melee system .. when you post a thread be sure 2 check with the search button if others asked about something before you ...

and Yoruichi ... bealive us there's alot going on for this new version wich will change the tactics of the ones who play this .... because in 1.2 everyone prefered not to use advanced melee because it was too static and it was only a matter of luck and i mean .... it was just taping the correct arrow .... but if you would read the design documents you would see that the new advanced melee in 1.3 ( when it's done .... because in the beta of the beta that will be realeased there's no guarantee that the new melee will be incorporated or at least fully debuged ) is more like prince of persia style ( more or less ) bataling out in real-time , dodging , atacking when you please doing your own combos like teleporting behind your enemy atacking from the back and your enemy might have predicted that so he teleports to dodge and atacks with a normal ki ball ... etc etc ....

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think the best totorial it's to lear it I don't think it's that hard

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The final version will probably have an in game tutorial.

But as said. This is not a release. Its more like a window for the community to see whats going on and help with the development.

Best answers
Yer, all of this will be nice. Noobs don't have to come to us saying, " How to we play". Perhaps you can make it when they join a server or make a server of there own, that a screen popping up telling them if they want to try out this tutorial. Btw, welcome back Grega, a bit of a surprise eh? >_>

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let's get one thing straight: If you meant I was a n00b, Guzzie, then you're wrong. I just dont wanna waste my time learning how to play the game when I've played it a million times. So just a tutorial with all the new features.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, Grega's back from being Possessed!

So, with this open source beta, it's like loads of little releases? Wow.
A tutorial may come along at some point but if John gets better at making them (the 1.2.3 one was alright), he could do it if he wanted.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The final version will probably have an in game tutorial.

But as said. This is not a release. Its more like a window for the community to see whats going on and help with the development.
I hope to God it does. That would probably be the most helpful thing / best feature ESF team could implement. I can't begin to imagine how many players quit this game because they're getting owned or don't want to take the time to learn the game.

@Yoruichi: Based on your post, i'm under the impression that you've never played 1.0 or 1.1. The jump from 1.1 to 1.2 was imense, you had to adapt, the rules changed. About the rules being the same in each country, America has different rules in 1 v 1's than Europe does.

Best answers
A "pro" doesn't use the same tactics from an outdated version just because they worked long ago. A "pro" learns to adapt, and uses what is given to him. Trust me when I say you're going to have to do quite a bit of adapting in 1.

man u think ur big but u aint no pro the only pros are\' kai/xin/raik, and not u , so dont talk as if u know hwo a pro thinks/plays/bangs/crips so plz stfu

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

man u think ur big but u aint no pro the only pros are\' kai/xin/raik, and not u , so dont talk as if u know hwo a pro thinks/plays/bangs/crips so plz stfu
don't know who xin is but kai and raik are an excuse for exploiting. And most of the pros follow them.

In any case he never said he was a pro. He just said a real pro adapts to the new stuff. If you cant do that than its your problem.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I like how you follow me around in this forum, despite not knowing who I am. Keep talking big, kid. If you can't adapt, you're not a pro. If you think using a gen beam is a sin, you're not a pro. If you will only fight under certain conditions, you're not a pro.

Have I upset you with these words? Then you're probably not a pro.

Oh snap.

Best answers
I like how you follow me around in this forum, despite not knowing who I am. Keep talking big, kid. If you can't adapt, you're not a pro. If you think using a gen beam is a sin, you're not a pro. If you will only fight under certain conditions, you're not a pro.

Have I upset you with these words? Then you're probably not a pro.

yes i know u, and i know u cant beat me, and i know i dont need any beams to beat u, i beat u with melee even if U use beams, i win anyway,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom