Good Models = Better Game Play?

Do you think better models make yourself fight better?

• Heck YES!

Votes: 35 57.4%
  • Hmm not really...

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
Best answers
Just one question for you ESF'ers out there.
Have you ever considered if you get a better looking model that you feel like you can win them over in ESF?
Today i was playing around with SV's new Gohan at ssj2 and i felt so good because i was like owning all the bots on my server.
So if you think this may be right or wrong tell me what you think.
Thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
depends,
if you're skill is average then it all counts as the mental state
if you're skill is above average/pro then it all counts on the poly count, cuz less poly's means higher fps

Best answers
Well yea i see where your going with that and thanks for putting what you think. But my skill is average but when i see good models my skin just GOES! VROOM BEAT THE **** OUT OF THAT PERSON! WAhhhhh!
I don't know it gives me like a boost. Its like someone turned on my internal Turbo button.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm better if I use custom models... I have no idea why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
depends on a game, usually yes. in esf it doesn't matter because i use cam_idealdist 300 anyways..

Best answers
Yea i fight far away also but like it still like i don't know makes me a better fighter. Try it out someyime like get a really ****ty model like the original models for 1.2.3 and then try out your customs.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im not better. Nor am i worse.

Models dont affect my psych in any way.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I only use costum models for video purposes.
I played a long time with the original 1.2 model and didn't bothered me at all.

Best answers
and not only : maps , models , sounds , sprites , and you feel much better while playing ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No. You may feel better when playing but thats it. I remember what I used to really play I used boxes as models or a model with the least amount of pollies so i would have a higher FPS.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How would models affect gameplay?

It doesn't make since.

Gon

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It has to do with the feel. I mean, would you be better off playing with a square box as goku, or an actual model of goku..?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It has to do with the feel. I mean, would you be better off playing with a square box as goku, or an actual model of goku..?
If you ask me id play the same. Only problem would be some animations like blocking would be hard to notice ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if esf would do monthly updates then nothing will look old. because the gohan of SV is something "new" afterwards you will get used to it and bored.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play better with Vegeta than Goku, even though they're basically the same character, minus the ki blasts. No clue as to why.

I love NeD's Goku, but I play better with the default model. It looks like ****, but it just seems...better. I dont know.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I play better with goku than I do any other char, which is why I play with him. For some reason when I'm goku I don't feel so held back, the game seems to flow better for me. But when I'm vegeta things seem to get dodgey, wierd Vegeta's my favorite char too =/

Best answers
Models don't change anything in the game except how you look. And how would that matter in a duel?
there was a time when i got lots of better models as well, but now i don't really wanna get em. I only play for teh fast gameplay,and as long as a model doesnt make it faster theres no reason to get the model.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how long you've been playing, but different models feel different. Thats the only way to describe it. Its purely psychological, but it does have an effect on how you play.

Best answers
it has never affected me at all. Ive played for 3 years now. I guess i dont have the same kind of imagination as the rest of you.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then again, you've already altered how you play the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom