Help me back on

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
:laff:
Well I had been having problems with my PC. It would idle for 5min and then blue screen. I replaced my 2 gig of RAM but was still doing it. So I got warranty for my old hard drive (upgraded the old 200gig to a new 16mb cache 250gig ) and I re-installed windows and now everything is working sweet (faster too).

Here's the thing, I have had ESF installed on my PC for years and never removed it, until now

I have gone to install steam but it tells me that I do not have an internet connection, but the net is working fine.
Also I have lost my cd key, but shouldn't that be stored in my steam account?

How can I get back on? do I install half life again and then steam? or steam first and then halflife?

Any idea's would be great guys, help me back.

Cheer's

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
:laff:
Well I had been having problems with my PC. It would idle for 5min and then blue screen. I replaced my 2 gig of RAM but was still doing it. So I got warranty for my old hard drive (upgraded the old 200gig to a new 16mb cache 250gig ) and I re-installed windows and now everything is working sweet (faster too).

Here's the thing, I have had ESF installed on my PC for years and never removed it, until now

I have gone to install steam but it tells me that I do not have an internet connection, but the net is working fine.
Also I have lost my cd key, but shouldn't that be stored in my steam account?

How can I get back on? do I install half life again and then steam? or steam first and then halflife?

Any idea's would be great guys, help me back.

Cheer's
If you already registered your Half-Life CD-Key into Steam, then it should be saved on the servers.

You are supposed to install Steam and then register your Half-Life CD-Key. After that, Steam will automatically download Half-Life off of the server. You don't have to install Half-Life from the CD.

As for Steam not detecting any internet connections: http://support.steampowered.com/cgi...nMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Thank you MC
I will try that out.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
once a game is activated on your steam account you'll never have to input your key again. You just need to login to your steam account and there you can download your games.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I got it working now, thank you guys for helping out.
You can close the thread now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom