• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Best answers
Hi.

Is there a way to play esf "last man standing" like counter strike..
-If you die you have to wait until next round.

And is there a way to raise the health of every charakter?
Maybe some console edit or something like that...

Sorry for bad english, I?m german.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No to the first question, and there's an amx mod somewhere that gives you "x" amount of hp.

Best answers
To answer your questions:

A) At this time, such a feature doesn't APPEAR to be in use. It would be hard to maintain, as well, as the only character who would have any real advantage would be the one who survives each round to gain more power than those who died. Likewise, anyone playing Buu will have an overly large advantage.

B) There is a way through a third-party module (but we're not supposed to speak about this one in particular), but, unfortunately it also adds a console command that they can execute themselves. There's nothing worse than someone who binds the command to give themselves 10,000 health to the B button or the like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, there is no 'last man standing' mode.

There is no command to change the health of characters.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but, unfortunately it also adds a console command that they can execute themselves. There's nothing worse than someone who binds the command to give themselves 10,000 health to the B button or the like.

Let me correct you there. Tha console command is EVMs goofup. It does not exist in standard ESF.

Best answers
Let me correct you there. Tha console command is EVMs goofup. It does not exist in standard ESF.
I think I kinda clarified that, with the entire sentence that you didn't quote. "There is a module that adds..."

:\

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes. Please give simple answers to simple questions.

He may not understand long answers.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To answer your questions:

A) At this time, such a feature doesn't APPEAR to be in use. It would be hard to maintain, as well, as the only character who would have any real advantage would be the one who survives each round to gain more power than those who died. Likewise, anyone playing Buu will have an overly large advantage.
If pl_catchup is on, everyone's pl will continue rising. Buu is also barred from most events due to his overwhelming advantages in the hands of a skilled player.

As far as I know, said feature will never make it into ESF. ESF is all about action and nothing is more boring than having to wait to fight again.

Best answers
Yeah, PL catchup sucks...

Why should I lose power because someone else is weak?

Anyway, this kinda reminds me of tournament mode... It seems like a great idea on paper, but the problem is, people don't like waiting 10 minutes for the round to complete, or for their ability to play again.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, for a mode like that, pl_catchup would be necessary. Most admins turn it off if it's a public server, so nothing to worry about on that front.

Tournament mode isn't meant for children. That's why it never works. Most of the time random people yell out "OK TOURNAMENT TIME!! LETS DO THIS!!" and no one wants to listen because it is a public server. There was a time when the "pros" would set up both quick and long tourneys and we'd all have lots of fun because we wanted to see where we stood in the scheme of things. Later on, we started tourneys just because fighting with each other was fun.

Bottom line, tourneys only work when you kick the idiots and children from the server.

Best answers
Well, for a mode like that, pl_catchup would be necessary. Most admins turn it off if it's a public server, so nothing to worry about on that front.

Tournament mode isn't meant for children. That's why it never works. Most of the time random people yell out "OK TOURNAMENT TIME!! LETS DO THIS!!" and no one wants to listen because it is a public server. There was a time when the "pros" would set up both quick and long tourneys and we'd all have lots of fun because we wanted to see where we stood in the scheme of things. Later on, we started tourneys just because fighting with each other was fun.

Bottom line, tourneys only work when you kick the idiots and children from the server.
Actually I was referring to the module written by the EVM(or maybe it's ECX who wrote it?) team. :)

The tournament mode servers apparently don't appear in the game listings.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The new PL_Catchup for 1.3 allows 'gain-only', so you won't lose PL, only gain.

This is released info already, but it's something you easily miss when reading the docs.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually I was referring to the module written by the EVM(or maybe it's ECX who wrote it?) team. :)
I was explaining why pl_catchup would be necessary in a mode SonofOdin was speaking of, not how to get hp in EVM.

/face

Best answers
I don' t mean that you can give yourselfe for example 10.000 hp by pressing a button.

I mean everyone gets just more hp then normal at the start.

Sorry for the bad description and thx for your fast answers.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not that I know of.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom