First attempt

Best answers
I created an avatar and signature. First time using photoshop, so, be kind, but...

and

The original rendition created by Steven Scougall, and can be seen (in all its B&W glory) at this site.

Your thoughts?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I always thought the truth makes you a better and wiser man

so

I think it sucks. It's just a picture with text. Theres no special effects, no brushes, nothing. I could give you some recommendations.

What program are you using? Gimp or Photoshop? Or maybe something else?

Don't worry, we were all new once :D

Best answers
Kaination said:
Well, I always thought the truth makes you a better and wiser man

so

I think it sucks. It's just a picture with text. Theres no special effects, no brushes, nothing. I could give you some recommendations.

What program are you using? Gimp or Photoshop? Or maybe something else?

Don't worry, we were all new once :D
Photoshop 7

You say that it's "just a picture with text." Did you not notice the aura I endowed to the sword and knife? Took me an hour to figure out how to get those aura effects to work...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sandstorm said:
You say that it's "just a picture with text." Did you not notice the aura I endowed to the sword and knife? Took me an hour to figure out how to get those aura effects to work...
Honestly, stop trying to learn it yourself. Find some tutorials. In that hour it took you to figure out how to do that rediculously easy effect, you could have found a tut online showing you how to do that, found another tut on how to make a cool background, found yet another tut on how to blend it together, and had a decent first sig.

Google + Photoshop Tutorials = Friend.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
www.good-tutorials.com

That's a good place to learn. Also, if you want a creative signature, don't just reduce the size of the stock and place it in there; instead cut out a portion, for example her head and place it there. The stock is rediculously small and hard to see in that sig. Also, generally a blank BG is never nice to look at. You want to find something appealing to the eyes.

If you need help you can PM me and I'll see what I can do to help. But remember, it doesn't have to be complex to look good. Simplicity is always good as well.

Best answers
Regarding my avatar/signature, as of today.

People still seem to think it's just "two pictures fused together," which it isn't. I completely redrew Moriah in photoshop last night. The backdrop is a picture, but the foreground is not.

Still, it's amazing how rude people can be regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom