installation wont work

Best answers
got a new comp and installed steam. trying to install esf 1.2.3 but when it shows the folder it needs to install to the install button isnt even available for me to push. been a while since i installed steam so im a little rusty. i read the post telling me how to install but the option isnt even there.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FAQ said:
I have all the right requirements to play ESF, but the install button is greyed out!
You need to have run Half-Life at least once before you try to install ESF. To do this simply start a single player mission. You may exit the game once it has loaded up. After you have done this, you should install ESF.
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=56417

That's why the "How to install ESF" sticky tells you to run Half-Life once.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
or run hl once and then try again to instal hl play hl for 2 minits or just give it the direction to hl

Best answers
ok that worked but i am not able to get any of the games to appear on my steam game list.
even half life (which i have the cd for) says its preloaded. and is trying to make me pay for it. same with counterstrike.
i thought when i set up my steam account the first time, cs and the other mods it normally comes with were free. did something change?

(update) i needed to put the cd key in for the new steam account. anyone know where i can get another key so i can have both computers running games on steam?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
ChaosPriest said:
ok that worked but i am not able to get any of the games to appear on my steam game list.
even half life (which i have the cd for) says its preloaded. and is trying to make me pay for it. same with counterstrike.
i thought when i set up my steam account the first time, cs and the other mods it normally comes with were free. did something change?

(update) i needed to put the cd key in for the new steam account. anyone know where i can get another key so i can have both computers running games on steam?
Buy a new Half-Life copy to get another CD-KEY. You'll see all the games are being "pre-loaded", and will become download able if you put in a valid key. Which you should get at your Half-Life copy. If you don't have one, as said above. Buy a new copy.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ChaosPriest said:

The cd key only work's oncec , try using the original account or buy a new account

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
ChaosPriest said:
Sorry, CP, but you can not ask for a CD-Key on this Forum. You're given one with your purchase for a reason. If you really can't work with the original account I'd try contacting someone at Valve with some kind of proof of purchase and seeing what they can do for you.

Best answers
Hey this happened to me yesterday i tried clicking on esf but it took me to half life and it wanted me to buy it. just put in the disk and load mods or something and it will work.

Best answers
ChaosPriest said:
got a new comp and installed steam. trying to install esf 1.2.3 but when it shows the folder it needs to install to the install button isnt even available for me to push. been a while since i installed steam so im a little rusty. i read the post telling me how to install but the option isnt even there.
r u acually download the file completely? otherwise r u download the full-install or just an upgrade data?

Best answers
actually i went and bought another copy of half life 1. the problem is the cd key for that one is already being used. what do i do now?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Return teh copy.

Or notify Valve. Acrding to STEAM you can have your CD-key reset within 90 days of pourchase for free. After that its 10 bucks to do it ^^

Best answers
problem fixed. i found another copy of HL.
only problem is i cannot connect to any servers. esf or cs. just says connecting to server.....retrying 1....retrying 2.....and so on.
i can create a server tho.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds likea firewall/router problem.

Make sure ESF is on the allowed list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom